Wood Chipper

T_Dog

I was out on a mountain bike ride and ran into a couple of fellows chipping up branches and leaves rather than burning them. My first thoughts were "Wow, this is surprising." Stopped to talk to them and apparently some guy is buying all the chips and mixing them into a super fertilizer that farmers want. Hopefully this will turn into a major enterprise that will lesson some of the burning that we see each year. Sure looks like a powerful unit! I'll include a photo of the place selling them in case anyone on TV in the CM area wants to pick one up.

post-498-0-29988000-1321780117_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-77178100-1321780133_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-55380400-1321780155_thumb.jpg

The ones that size are pretty expensive but there are several types of electric powered (and smaller) units around for about 7000 baht. They are about 2 - 3Kw and work well for garden waste and branches up to about 1.5 inches in diameter - a lot less noisy too.

The ones that size are pretty expensive but there are several types of electric powered (and smaller) units around for about 7000 baht. They are about 2 - 3Kw and work well for garden waste and branches up to about 1.5 inches in diameter - a lot less noisy too.

Will those smaller electric ones chip fibrous palm leaves?

Could you please provide more details about these, such as where they are for sale?

Does anyone know of someone or some company which, for a fee, will chip wood you bring them?

That's what the machine in the photos was being used for. If I see them again, I will get a phone number for you. Hopefully other TV members can recommend a service as well.

Does anyone know of someone or some company which, for a fee, will chip wood you bring them?

That's what the machine in the photos was being used for. If I see them again, I will get a phone number for you. Hopefully other TV members can recommend a service as well.

would my Wife fit into one of these?

• Haha 1

would my Wife fit into one of these?

Now don't be going all Fargo on us....

It might be worth a trip to the agricultural fair held at Maejo University every year. This years one starts on the 1st December and lasts about 10 days. I have been to the last three and they have had a few woodchippers on sale and you get to see them working. I am looking for one for myself. It is also good for all sorts of gardening equipment, tools and plants.

It might be worth a trip to the agricultural fair held at Maejo University every year. This years one starts on the 1st December and lasts about 10 days. I have been to the last three and they have had a few woodchippers on sale and you get to see them working. I am looking for one for myself. It is also good for all sorts of gardening equipment, tools and plants.

jackjones... Thank You for the heads up as I always enjoy attending. Might be worth starting a new topic on it in the CM Forum as many like to attend. I thought it was CMU's turn this year though. Do you have a schedule of events or some firmer info?

There are several shops that carry them and I've list two that appear as the last index entries on my Useful Map. To the several people who asked, I know that sorting the index would be handy but I can't see that Google provides a way to do that apparently simple task. Anyone who knows better please PM me with the secret!

I haven't tried, but I'm hoping that the 2.5Kw machines will cope with those tough palm leaves.

• Like 1

Just checked with the wife and the Maejo agricultural fair starts on the 1st December until the 11th. It is open all day until about 10.00 pm at night. They have previously had a section with lots of machinery like grass cutters, tractors, strimmers and woodchippers etc. Last year they were selling 4-stoke Makita strimmers for 2,900 Baht and I still kick myself for not buying one. The wood chippers I saw last year were petrol engined and quite simple. Unfortunately I can't remember the exact prices, although I can remember they seemed quite reasonable. It was also a good day or night out if you have kids, as there were a few attractions like paddle boats, bouncy castle, a snake show, rides around the area in little horse drawn carriages and lots of stalls selling clothes, food and toys. Hopefully it will be the same again this year.

• 8 years later...