What documents is the juristic condo person required from the owners.

arick

Our condo juristic person  wants copies of my lease contracts and the TM30 for the tenants  in my condo that I owen, is this correct. She also told the property agent if she doesn't receive them by the next morning she's going to change the codes to the building for entrance.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, arick said:

Our condo juristic person  wants copies of my lease contracts and the TM30 for the tenants  in my condo that I owen, is this correct. She also told the property agent if she doesn't receive them by the next morning she's going to change the codes to the building for entrance.

They can ask for any and this doesn't seem a problem

Tell her privacy laws mean you can’t comply and unless there is a legal requirement, you would be breaking the law disclosing such information.  Tell her you would love to comply so please disclose which part of the condo act or other law says you have to comply.

She may be checking to ensure your lease is at least one month required by law. If it isn’t, don’t disclose it.

if she insists and lease is at least one month and you’re agreeable, give her copies with names, addresses, passport, numbers, and phone numbers redacted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

You have to remember the jurisdict person works for me she works for all the co-owners in the building so I guess the only way to get to the bottom of these matters is attend the meeting and find out exactly what they're requiring from the co-owners

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Gawd, I'd love to have your Juristic management running our condominium. 

It's like a hotel, all Airbnb. 

Private message me I'm more than happy to send her your way. Hopefully she'll be gone coming up to the end of her 2 year term.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, arick said:

Private message me I'm more than happy to send her your way. Hopefully she'll be gone coming up to the end of her 2 year term.

Thanks, but I'm down in Pattaya.

It's a relatively new condominium, sadly the devoloper has a rental guarantee on some of the condos, they force Juristic management to turn a blind eye to the Airbnb, Juristic company was appointed by the developer, the developer have a few projects under construction in Pattaya, so the Juristic company will always side on the developer.

I don't live there just use the gym, swimming pool etc. but these facilities become damages quickly from tenants that don't care. 

Now we have a Chairperson who's friends with the devoloper and 2 committee members who are associated with the developer.

We co-owners are screwed. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Of course it's their business. They are there to protect the co-owners interests from rogue landlords.

It not their business to know how much you're renting out your room for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Of course it's their business. They are there to protect the co-owners interests from rogue landlords.

Then why doesn't she show me her lease she's a cone co-owner has the same equal votes as me so why doesn't she show me her least lisas from her condo?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

She is the Juristic you are not.  You are quite unreasonable 

Unreasonable is asking for a lease and a TM30 within 12 hours or blocking the entrance to the building

In case where the Juristic person isn't involved in showing the room and they wouldn't know, you are allowed to have 'friends' over,

and if they are concerned about TM30 filing, they are welcomed to help you file it

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Why don't you want to give her these documents

Personally, I understand that the condominium management has my passport data and maybe some more. And they should have that data so that they work according to the laws and protect the co-owners, etc.

The problem in Thailand is that some people who work in offices don't understand the concept of privacy. Add all the data to facebook, send emails with all addresses in the To, maybe give the data to their friend, the nice marketing guy, etc.

I asked the condominium committee about data privacy before I gave the management my data. I still wouldn't bet that they follow the rules, but there is little I can do to prevent any misuse. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, digbeth said:

In case where the Juristic person isn't involved in showing the room and they wouldn't know, you are allowed to have 'friends' over,

and if they are concerned about TM30 filing, they are welcomed to help you file it

Don't forget to tell your "friends" your name and maybe some other personal details.

It's somehow interesting when all those friends from some of the owners have no idea about their "friends".

Juristic manager may have a right, but she is toothless.

I don’t think there are any clauses in the condominium act or otherwise that say you must comply, she can request, and it may be reasonable, and my approach would be if the request was reasonable, and politely asked, I would comply, but if she was bombastic and officious, I would tell her to go jump herself 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Juristic manager may have a right, but she is toothless.

I don’t think there are any clauses in the condominium act or otherwise that say you must comply, she can request, and it may be reasonable, and my approach would be if the request was reasonable, and politely asked, I would comply, but if she was bombastic and officious, I would tell her to go jump herself 

Juristic people are not toothless and can create a few problems for you or your tenants. The legal condo regulations and the condo documents specifically outline their duties and authority so those would be the first place to know what stand you can or should take. If the condo docs say they need the specifics of who is in each unit and whether owner occupied or tenant, then they have a right to request that information. I would not be surprised and it should be there in the docs if its not, for everyone's protection. They are not entitled to know rent amounts but may be required to verify the ease length to avoid illegal airbnb set ups.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Juristic people are not toothless and can create a few problems for you or your tenants. The legal condo regulations and the condo documents specifically outline their duties and authority so those would be the first place to know what stand you can or should take. If the condo docs say they need the specifics of who is in each unit and whether owner occupied or tenant, then they have a right to request that information. I would not be surprised and it should be there in the docs if its not, for everyone's protection. They are not entitled to know rent amounts but may be required to verify the ease length to avoid illegal airbnb set ups.

The law may say they need to keep such information, but it has to say that the owner or tenant has to give it for there to be any requirement on them to do so.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The law may say they need to keep such information, but it has to say that the owner or tenant has to give it for there to be any requirement on them to do so.

Now thats the most double speak I've read in a while. You may want to read what you wrote again as you contradict yourself badly. Im guessing you got your law degree from the internet

51 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Now thats the most double speak I've read in a while. You may want to read what you wrote again as you contradict yourself badly. Im guessing you got your law degree from the internet

I stand by what I said.

Just because the law may require Person A to do something, it does not roll downhill to Person B to assist them unless specifically documented.

There is probably a proscribed penalty on the juristic manager if they don’t keep the required documentation, what is the penalty on the owner/tenant if they don’t provide the documentation, the first thing is they have to be required to supply it (there has to be a law) and the second part is there will be a penalty if they fail to supply it, nobody is saying, either of those exists.

Explain how and where I contradict myself please? For your convenience I repeat my post below…

The law may say they need to keep such information, but it has to say that the owner or tenant has to give it for there to be any requirement on them to do so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I stand by what I said.

Just because the law may require Person A to do something, it does not roll downhill to Person B to assist them unless specifically documented.

There is probably a proscribed penalty on the juristic manager if they don’t keep the required documentation, what is the penalty on the owner/tenant if they don’t provide the documentation, the first thing is they have to be required to supply it (there has to be a law) and the second part is there will be a penalty if they fail to supply it, nobody is saying, either of those exists.

Explain how and where I contradict myself please? For your convenience I repeat my post below…

The law may say they need to keep such information, but it has to say that the owner or tenant has to give it for there to be any requirement on them to do so.

Explain where you contradict yourself is easy, read what you wrote. you need to go back to Google Academy of Law cos you didnt get the basics the first time around. The regulations or laws are what they are, if they exist for this situation. To claim there's a law requiring something, anything, but that it only impacts one half of the party involved in the regulation or law but the connected party is exempt is pure nonsense unless it specifically states they are exempt. You go ahead and believe what you want. There's only so much help you can give to stupid. Have a great day 

• Sad 1