Kata Beach, Public Toilets

Wellington

Not been to Kata for a while ,but Saturday went with family for a beach day.

We always prefer the northern end and after securing 4 chairs at 100 bht each we did the usual swim and sandcastles.

Children and Grandpa felt the need of a pee, so trotted along to the ONLY toilet within reach of the sands, just beside the line of eateries over the canal.

A lady was sitting "on guard" at the lavatory entrance and demanded 5bht .

Being in swimming costumes I had no money so said "No Hab" and we went in. To say the place was filthy would be an understatement.

Absolutely disgusting. Unhygienic in the extreme. You would think ,if 5 bht was being demanded per pee, the lady would be keeping it properly.

Not a happy example to the thousands who use Kata Beach daily.

and WHY only one toilet.

Presumably the authorities expect us all to use the sea as a lavatory?

Considering Kata District offices are on the beach,almost,at the other end, you might think they could improve this situation.

There are also public toilets and showers at the south end of the beach (just next to the district office). I use the facilities quite often. Clean enough and I consider 5 baht a cheap price to pay.

5 bht was not the main issue;

the filthy condition of these lavatories and the fact there are only two on such an enormous beach

is surely cause for concern.

I agree that unclean toilets is worth comment. I believe that these toilets at both ends of the beach are owned and operated by the Tesiban. Might be worth you making an official complaint at the Tesiban office.

Kata beach road is exactly 1km long. I think that 2 public toilet facilities is quite good. Patong beach only has one public toilet building. Karon beach (now that is a long beach) only has one public facility.

I agree that unclean toilets is worth comment. I believe that these toilets at both ends of the beach are owned and operated by the Tesiban. Might be worth you making an official complaint at the Tesiban office.

Kata beach road is exactly 1km long. I think that 2 public toilet facilities is quite good. Patong beach only has one public toilet building. Karon beach (now that is a long beach) only has one public facility.

There is a 3rd toilet south end, next to Kata Mama, no charge

What do you think people did before these toilets were built?

Go in the sea, of course!

ANd as we stand and watch the beautiful sunset over the bay, the water is turning a lovely shade of yellow.,

and I'm sure that was a brown trout near The Boathouse.