Experience With Toyota Dealers In Pattaya

riny

What is your Experience with the service of Toyota dealers in Pattaya, and how is your experience with the free insurance when you buying a new Toyota.Have you ever needed this insurance and how this was handled.I bought a new Toyota Camry on October 7, 2011 at the Toyota dealer co Thaiyont Choburi.,ltd and I take also the free insurance from Toyota.This insurance to gather with the Toyota service is a disaster .To get some help from the lady ho have sold me the car you can forget after I have paid the car cash, she did not respond to questions and promised to call back but she never did.After I get an accident the let me swimming in the big ,,Farang pay” pool and nobody helping me.All speak Thai language and if you call them the don’t answer the phone. Appointments the make with you the not come and you must wait and wait for nothing.What happened me;A touring car bus hitting on my car and it where the drivers fault, he running away with high speed, but after 6 Km I force him to stop to park my car in front of the bus by a traffic light.On the damage from the bus and my car was clearly to see that the bus driver had caused the accident.On the appointments at the Toyota dealer and the police office nobody was there from the insurance company and by Toyota the give me no information.After two weeks the say by Toyota the will fix the car by straightened out the door, but first the say the door should be replaced by a new one.So the insurance pay not a new door this must be straightened out on a car from 3 weeks old even the accident is not my fault ,but I don’t except this.What are your experiences?Regards,Realist

I recently bought my second Fortuner in Thailand.

First one I bought in Bangkok, this second one I bought Toyota Pattaya 1998 CO Ltd.

As far as I know there are two Toyota dealers in Pattaya, one on the east side of Sukhumvit

and the other one a bit further out (towards BKK) on the west side. The one on the west side

is where I got my second Fortuner about 6 months ago.

The Toyota Dealer on the East side of Sukhumvit is the one I have been using with my

first car for service and repairs. They always honored all insurance claims and performed

all repairs to Thai standards ... Insurance repairs at this dealership have always been the

last priority and it would take always a very long time to fix the smallest scratch, even with

an appointment. Other than long waiting times, I have never had any issues with insurances

and getting the car fixed.

Dealing with insurances (specially in thailand) requires some patients. Take a Xanex if

you are hot-hearted like me ;-)

The most obscure situation I have ever been in, is when the insurance adjuster came to

the police station totally drunk - he could barely stand. The cops had a good laugh !

I have been through 4 different insurance companies. Changing them every year as they

want to raise the premium cost if you had an accident. I always used AAA insurance

brokers (next to big C south pattaya) to get insurance. Never had any issues with any of

them, but than never had been in a major accident either, mostly running in to motorcycles ...

I always get "First Class" insurance with is Thai for "Full Coverage", e.g. they pay your

damages as well, even if it was the other party fault. I was told they will collect whatever

monies from the other party if it is not your fault.

If you where in an accident, always call the police. Be polite. Do not disrupt the other (Thai)

party, while they tell the cop how f***ed up the farangs was driving and that it is your fault.

Let them finish whining and bitching. Wait for the cop to come and ask you for your side.

Again, be polite, keep emotions out of it. State the facts. Be honest, there are always dozens

of witnesses. Whatever the cops decide, accept it, regardless of how you feel and deal with

the situation.

If it was your fault, apologize, and try to make things right. If not, ask the police for help.

When polite they don't mind to help you. Nobody wants to deal with a farang screaming

profanities ...

Typically the insurance adjusters will issue a "yellow" slip at the spot, this is what you take

to the dealer to fix the car. Without the insurance paper, no shop will fix your car for free.

Depending on what kind of insurance you have, you may or may not use the actual Toyota

dealers for repair. The insurance adjusters will tell you, but many don't speak English. If

you are driving a car in Thailand, you should try to learn the language.

Sales people will typically not deal with you if you had an accident. Thats beyond their

responsibility. I'm not sure what country you are from, but ask yourself if in your country

the sales people would help a foreigner who was in an accident, even if he just bought the

car from them.

If you are really stuck, AND it is an expensive fix, try to get an attorney or a thai paralegal

to help you sort these things out ... you can also try going to the main police station

and see if you can get some help there. Last time I was there, they had a couple of farang

volunteers who might be able to help you (or confuse you more :-)

I have never had a follow up appointment at a "Police Box". That sounds a bit strange.

Typically a higher ranking officer at the main Police station (soi 9, or Jim Thien, or Bang

Lamoung) has to review and sign off on the accidents. And the faulting party typically has

to pay a 400 baht fine.

I can't really comment on your demand for a "new door", except that you can't argue with

them. If you chose the cheapest insurance, they might have restrictions. Also I think the

insurance adjusters and repair shop have a say in that as well.

This has been a long reply, I could go on ramble about this for hours ;-)

Lots of things to learn living in a foreign country ...

Good Luck,

rudi

Edited by luudee

I don't think that Toyota can do anything about the insurance they sell together with the car as it is not a business they are directly involved with.

I also like to remind you guys about the name & shame rule, so please keep it levelled. cool.gif

I have a Toyota and have used both Toyota dealerships in Pattaya, the difference is night and day between the two.

The one on the way out of Pattaya on the West side of Sukhumvit does all my servicing now, the one on thw way in to Pattaya on teh East side of Sukhumvit where terrible to deal with and I will never return to them.

BTW I also have a Ford and bought a brand new car from them which was delivered with a paint chip on the door and despite there big claims of being able to get any part or item in 24 hours, I have been waiting 3 months for them to get the right colour paine delivered. aaaaargh.

I don't think that Toyota can do anything about the insurance they sell together with the car as it is not a business they are directly involved with.

I also like to remind you guys about the name & shame rule, so please keep it levelled. cool.gif

Correct.

The insurance company has nothing to do with Toyota and the OP should have contacted the insurance company directly or bought his insurance through a broker who would have been able to help him.

I use Jack Levy at MBMG on South Road who has been excellent.

I had awful service from Toyota on East Suk Pattaya. Staff were useless. One service on my old Prerunner came back with scratches around the front lights where they are supposed to put those protective covers. I went to Honda after I got rid of the truck, great service for 5 years so far.

I have a Toyota and have used both Toyota dealerships in Pattaya, the difference is night and day between the two.

The one on the way out of Pattaya on the West side of Sukhumvit does all my servicing now, the one on thw way in to Pattaya on teh East side of Sukhumvit where terrible to deal with and I will never return to them.

BTW I also have a Ford and bought a brand new car from them which was delivered with a paint chip on the door and despite there big claims of being able to get any part or item in 24 hours, I have been waiting 3 months for them to get the right colour paine delivered. aaaaargh.

I buy the car one on thw way in to Pattaya on teh East side of Sukhumvit I must go to them for fixing my car but for other service I never go back to this dealer.

The can not change the lights,if the must make xenon lights on your Toyota the go to Boy and Sound but the charge you three dubble for the cost .

Correct.

The insurance company has nothing to do with Toyota and the OP should have contacted the insurance company directly or bought his insurance through a broker who would have been able to help him.

The insurance company has nothing to do with Toyota this is correct but the can give you minimal the address and Phone numbers from the insurance company and help you a litle bit

I recently bought my second Fortuner in Thailand.

First one I bought in Bangkok, this second one I bought Toyota Pattaya 1998 CO Ltd.

As far as I know there are two Toyota dealers in Pattaya, one on the east side of Sukhumvit

and the other one a bit further out (towards BKK) on the west side. The one on the west side

is where I got my second Fortuner about 6 months ago.

The Toyota Dealer on the East side of Sukhumvit is the one I have been using with my

first car for service and repairs. They always honored all insurance claims and performed

all repairs to Thai standards ... Insurance repairs at this dealership have always been the

last priority and it would take always a very long time to fix the smallest scratch, even with

an appointment. Other than long waiting times, I have never had any issues with insurances

and getting the car fixed.

Dealing with insurances (specially in thailand) requires some patients. Take a Xanex if

you are hot-hearted like me ;-)

The most obscure situation I have ever been in, is when the insurance adjuster came to

the police station totally drunk - he could barely stand. The cops had a good laugh !

I have been through 4 different insurance companies. Changing them every year as they

want to raise the premium cost if you had an accident. I always used AAA insurance

brokers (next to big C south pattaya) to get insurance. Never had any issues with any of

them, but than never had been in a major accident either, mostly running in to motorcycles ...

I always get "First Class" insurance with is Thai for "Full Coverage", e.g. they pay your

damages as well, even if it was the other party fault. I was told they will collect whatever

monies from the other party if it is not your fault.

If you where in an accident, always call the police. Be polite. Do not disrupt the other (Thai)

party, while they tell the cop how f***ed up the farangs was driving and that it is your fault.

Let them finish whining and bitching. Wait for the cop to come and ask you for your side.

Again, be polite, keep emotions out of it. State the facts. Be honest, there are always dozens

of witnesses. Whatever the cops decide, accept it, regardless of how you feel and deal with

the situation.

If it was your fault, apologize, and try to make things right. If not, ask the police for help.

When polite they don't mind to help you. Nobody wants to deal with a farang screaming

profanities ...

Typically the insurance adjusters will issue a "yellow" slip at the spot, this is what you take

to the dealer to fix the car. Without the insurance paper, no shop will fix your car for free.

Depending on what kind of insurance you have, you may or may not use the actual Toyota

dealers for repair. The insurance adjusters will tell you, but many don't speak English. If

you are driving a car in Thailand, you should try to learn the language.

Sales people will typically not deal with you if you had an accident. Thats beyond their

responsibility. I'm not sure what country you are from, but ask yourself if in your country

the sales people would help a foreigner who was in an accident, even if he just bought the

car from them.

If you are really stuck, AND it is an expensive fix, try to get an attorney or a thai paralegal

to help you sort these things out ... you can also try going to the main police station

and see if you can get some help there. Last time I was there, they had a couple of farang

volunteers who might be able to help you (or confuse you more :-)

I have never had a follow up appointment at a "Police Box". That sounds a bit strange.

Typically a higher ranking officer at the main Police station (soi 9, or Jim Thien, or Bang

Lamoung) has to review and sign off on the accidents. And the faulting party typically has

to pay a 400 baht fine.

I can't really comment on your demand for a "new door", except that you can't argue with

them. If you chose the cheapest insurance, they might have restrictions. Also I think the

insurance adjusters and repair shop have a say in that as well.

This has been a long reply, I could go on ramble about this for hours ;-)

Lots of things to learn living in a foreign country ...

Good Luck,

rudi

Thanks for your reply,I buy the car one on thw way in to Pattaya on teh East side of Sukhumvit

For service I never come back there.

The can not change the lights,if the must make xenon lights on your Toyota the go to Boy and Sound but the charge you three dubble for the cost .

Help by accident you can forget.

Before I had insurance by other company and there where never problems and if you need them the are there and help you.

I don`t understand a bigg dealer from Toyota with this terreble sevice.

Correct.

The insurance company has nothing to do with Toyota this is correct but the can give you minimal the address and Phone numbers from the insurance company and help you a litle bit

The 'phone numbers of the insurance company are on the package of insurnace documents that you carry with you in the car.

This is really odd, with so many saying the dealer on the East side is bad. When I bought my Toyota 4 years ago, I was told by almost everyone I asked to go to the East side one (just to be sure, it's the one closer to town). True to the advice received, I found them helpful and ended up buying there and up to today, have had the car serviced there. I got a packet of rice after my last service there last week, except I am not sure why I deserved it...so I guess my only wish is that they can speak more English!

I do suspect that Toyotas are rather reliable little bastards, so it's pretty difficult to muck up the routine maintenance. I guess if I had an out-of-the-ordinary non-routine task, my view of them might be different.

I have been to the East side dealer many times with the intent of buying a new Toyota. Service was attrocious so have not returned in 4 years. Now we are happy owners of 2 Hondas and their service is great. We buy insurance through a broker who fixed us with the best. Had an accident on the slippery road, a rear ender, past Samut Songkram, near the salt farms, the insurance were there within 10 minutes and after taking details a tow truck was called and lifted our car onto the back of the truck for the journey back to Pattaya with my son and I as happy passengers in the car on top of the world. Our vehicle was back on the road in 2 weeks and fixed by Honda as per the insurance, Total cost 3,000 baht deductible.

Just make sure you get the best, it makes life a helluva lot better when it counts.

Garvon

The Toyota dealership mentioned in this thread is pathetic --- and I am being kind.

Luckily, I have not had an accident but my reg plates (which include their name) are corroding very quickly. After the usual hassle and runaround, they agreed to change them. As usual, I get no phone calls, so, next weeks battle is due --- not sure if I have the patience for the battle ahead.

With a hired car on another occasion below. (nothing to do with Toyota dealership in question)

It's rather sad really, that so few people in this country have so little pride in their work. About a year ago, I had to get 2 tyres changed, and the guys were putting them back on the car, ignoring the balancing machines. When I begged their pardon, they took the wheels off and did the balancing. They had 2 machines and did it properly ---- quite amazing.