90 Day Reporting At Government Center

prasatrandy

At last report, the Govt. Center on Chaeng Wattana Rd. is open for business, including accepting 90 day reports from folks in the BKK area... In the past, they were advising people to go to the Makro store nearby, and trucks were carrying people in from there.

As an alternative, the old Immigration Office on Soi Suan Plu in the Sathorn area is also accepting in person 90 day reports from BKK residents.

I believe you have a 7 day grace period for reporting in person after your actual due date... but no grace period in BKK for reporting by mail.

Thus far, I haven't seen any indication that Immigration at CW is cutting people any slack due to flooding issues.

At last report, the Govt. Center on Chaeng Wattana Rd. is open for business, including accepting 90 day reports from folks in the BKK area... In the past, they were advising people to go to the Makro store nearby, and trucks were carrying people in from there.

As an alternative, the old Immigration Office on Soi Suan Plu in the Sathorn area is also accepting in person 90 day reports from BKK residents.

I believe you have a 7 day grace period for reporting in person after your actual due date... but no grace period in BKK for reporting by mail.

Thus far, I haven't seen any indication that Immigration at CW is cutting people any slack due to flooding issues.

Yes you had better go to the old office Soi. Suan Plu and take care of it more convenient there. I do not think there is a 7 day grace period i just renewed my retirement visa and was 2 days late had to pay 1000baht fine.

Yes you had better go to the old office Soi. Suan Plu and take care of it more convenient there. I do not think there is a 7 day grace period i just renewed my retirement visa and was 2 days late had to pay 1000baht fine.

I went to do my 90 day report a couple of months back and was 10 days early. Was told they would only accept reports 7 days prior to 7 days after due date. So in my office there is a 7 day grace period for reporting

I went to do my 90 day report a couple of months back and was 10 days early. Was told they would only accept reports 7 days prior to 7 days after due date. So in my office there is a 7 day grace period for reporting

Thanks for the info. I have to go by the end of the month and now will definitely not be counting on the 7 day grace period one way or another. Has anyone done this by mail? any

complications?

Thanks for the info. I have to go by the end of the month and now will definitely not be counting on the 7 day grace period one way or another. Has anyone done this by mail? any

complications?

I think you are missing something here. Robbie22 is talking about a renewel and you are talking about reporting 2 different procedures. Reporting has a 7 day window on either side and I believe renewel must be done prior to expiring

Yes, that's right... There is no grace period for extension renewals.

There is supposed to be a 7 day before and 7 day after deadline date window for in person 90-day reporting. But at least in BKK, no after the due date grace period for mailed-in reports. Those have to arrive before your due date.

As for mail-ins to Chaeng Wattana, several of us have done them in the past month or so... And those, mine included, arrived at CW within 3-5 days of being mailed from BKK by EMS... And of course we saved the EMS mailing receipt documenting the mailing, the recipient and the mail date. EMS also allows you to track online and confirm the final delivery date.

Because of online tracking, I know my mailed-in report arrived at CW the day before my actual due date. But I've yet to receive the confirmation/next due date notice back yet in the mail...though it's only been a week since they received it at CW. Normally it seems to take about two weeks to get the return envelope. But up around CW, right now, things aren't exactly "normal" because of the floods.

By all means do the 90-days reporting by mail. Easy, uncomplicated and no loss of time.

They send it back to your home address, which is why you must include a self addressed and stamped (10THB !) envelope.

Send in the whole set by registered mail, just in case.

I had to do it by Nov. 17, and sent it by registered mail to the Chaeng Wattana Office. It's back already.

By all means do the 90-days reporting by mail. Easy, uncomplicated and no loss of time.

They send it back to your home address, which is why you must include a self addressed and stamped (10THB !) envelope.

Send in the whole set by registered mail, just in case.

I had to do it by Nov. 17, and sent it by registered mail to the Chaeng Wattana Office. It's back already.

Finally made it to Goverment Complex today to do the 90 day check-in. I was 21 days late, explained to the officer that my house had alot of water and was told that they understood and were not going to charge me the late fine. All ended well.

• 3 months later...

a little update: I went to Govt. Center on Chaeng Wattana Rd office for 90 renewal and it went well. BTS to Mochit, taxi 100 baht to govt office. I got there 10:20, got my renewal finalized at 11: 50 (I was lucky, and this was on a Tuesday, best to get there at 9:30. The offices close between 12:00 and 13:00. It is best to go there in the morning so you can be out by early afternoon to avoid the late afternoon traffic.