Water Filters

Scoop1

Hi all can someone give me some information and pricing on a water filter to do a whole house, my gf has informed me she has ordered a water filter from amway for 24,000tbt. i checked on their web site and it looks nothing more than a 1 tap drinking water filter, its called "espring" i have looked at whole house filters here in OZ and they are nowhere near that price, any one with any advice please, my thoughts were to buy a large water tank and a pump and filter it from there!

cheers

Scoop

Yes, the Amway ones are the most expensive and dont really work any better than the other brands you can buy in Homepro etc. My UV unit cost 6-7K and works the same as the lady down the road with the Amyway at 20k. As for the whole house option that you want I can't comment.

There is a wealth of information on the link that Pattaya parent put up but I cant help thinking your topic needs to be in the DIY Housing Forum so I will move it over there and hopefully get more help for you.

she is in nong bua lamphu. i am not happy, could have got a tank and pump for that

the 'whole house filter' of which you speak is intended for a water supply storage tank and pump arrangement, usually placed at the pump discharge downstream of non-return and isolating valves...check the housing DIY forum for previous discussion including nice photographs...usually talkin' about a mesh filter to remove debris...

I just got me a 'Smart One' 3 element tap water filter arrangement, carbon-resin-ceramic, for thb6000 installed...real nice and can't believe the water quality (taste, not a trace of chlorine and soft, almost like rainwater) but can't find an owner's manual anywhere on the internet...a different model shows up on the powerbuy.com website...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

If you have the time before she has to buy, search the net for Home Pro, Home Mall, Global House, and any other Thai H/W stores and see what they have and the prices.

A whole house filter might be nice to have, but I do not see the need for it. We bought 2 reverse osmosis filters sets for the two kitchens. We have drinking water taps on both sinks and one of them is plumbed into the ice maker in the refrigerator. Other than some cooking and drinking, we use tap water everywhere else with no problems.

Using filter water for bathing (even brushing your teeth), watering the yard, etc., seems like an unnecessary expense.

I drink tap water occasionally when I am too lazy to go downstairs to get filter water and have never been sick.

I change 25% to 30% of the water in our fish pond using tap water with no problems (i.e., the chlorine does not kill the fish at those proportions).

I got a 1100 bht Mazuma 2 filter unit carbon & ceramic from Big 'C' but have to run through the storage tank for about 20mins to get rid of the plastic twang before storing for drinking, taste good.

I 'm going to add a UV filter to my simple system.

Edited by Kwasaki

I can not advise you about water filtering.However.You might want to investigate who the amway seller is - in my opinion and experience, amway is a pyramid scheme that preys on family and friends of the seller, but of course, that is only my personal opinion.The seller might not even be aware of this - well actually, i think the sellers are usually not aware.Our seller was going to win a cruise to Alaska - so she believed, not joking.So she became more pushy, ruined herself buying more stocks, while decimating her circle of friends / family.

This is what I use

1st / a Large POE (Point of Entry Filter) that takes out iron, magnesium and large particles.

post-57688-0-14523400-1322535942_thumb.j

This is the result of a backwash after 2 weeks on City water. (And you guys thing the small filters are doing the job)!!!!

post-57688-0-29150700-1322535211_thumb.j

2nd / Large Cartridge 50 down to 5 micron filter is used

post-57688-0-47678500-1322535309_thumb.j

3rd/ Minimum 2 UF (Ultra Filtration) Membranes in Tandem. So one can be taken of for cleaning (Minimum 2 yrs - max 4 yrs) whilst one still works

Filters down to .2 microns. Nothing organic can get through. Safe potable drinking water to every tap and protection for all you taps and fittings!

post-57688-0-91323000-1322535524_thumb.j

Before the system whilst installing (Muck in the pipes)

post-57688-0-79934700-1322536298_thumb.j

PM me if you want detailed info etc!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not advise you about water filtering.However.You might want to investigate who the amway seller is - in my opinion and experience, amway is a pyramid scheme that preys on family and friends of the seller, but of course, that is only my personal opinion.The seller might not even be aware of this - well actually, i think the sellers are usually not aware.Our seller was going to win a cruise to Alaska - so she believed, not joking.So she became more pushy, ruined herself buying more stocks, while decimating her circle of friends / family.

Well I answered this question before about pyramid schemes but no one dares to challange me I do have a e-spring system and

it improved my health and wellbeing if it is not the best system why is it the worlds most selling system?

Just in case you guys don't know, bad reports about Amway are just created by a small minority who did not succed in the business

bad apples I call them I am in Amway just a few years and I make $ 75.000 a year by just bying my own products

and no I don't sell

Well I answered this question before about pyramid schemes but no one dares to challange me I do have a e-spring system and

it improved my health and wellbeing if it is not the best system why is it the worlds most selling system?

Just in case you guys don't know, bad reports about Amway are just created by a small minority who did not succed in the business

bad apples I call them I am in Amway just a few years and I make $ 75.000 a year by just bying my own products

and no I don't sell

Yes me too, and it improved my health so much that I bought the company.

Anyone who’s had the Amway electrodes connected to their brain will have tunnel vision for the rest of their lives. I feel sorry for the poor gullible Thais who are getting sucked into this crap.