Drivers License In Pattaya-Work Permit, Passport, And International License

Paterno

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my summary:

I went to the Rayong Land Transportation office with copies of Passport, Work Permit, and Medical Certificate. I brought my USA license (couldnt locate my international). They could not understand the Class system on the license so I had to go to the shop and print out from my home state that the license is valid for a car.

After all the papers were checked, I took 3 tests (eye color test, reflex test with green and red, and depth perception test). I failed the depth perception test the first 3 or 4 times before I realized I what they wanted me to do. Even then, this is a very difficult test.

Next, I waited in line for a photo. I went ahead and paid for a car and motorbike license at the same time.

The whole process cost around 450 baht and took around 2 hours. This would have been a lot shorter if I went earlier instead of 10am and if I brought the printout of my license details.

*You do need 2 copies of everything for 2 licenses. Sign every page.

Here is my summary:

I went to the Rayong Land Transportation office with copies of Passport, Work Permit, and Medical Certificate. I brought my USA license (couldnt locate my international). They could not understand the Class system on the license so I had to go to the shop and print out from my home state that the license is valid for a car.

After all the papers were checked, I took 3 tests (eye color test, reflex test with green and red, and depth perception test). I failed the depth perception test the first 3 or 4 times before I realized I what they wanted me to do. Even then, this is a very difficult test.

Next, I waited in line for a photo. I went ahead and paid for a car and motorbike license at the same time.

The whole process cost around 450 baht and took around 2 hours. This would have been a lot shorter if I went earlier instead of 10am and if I brought the printout of my license details.

Hi Paterno, I have to go on monday there. The address is not so clear to me. Is Sukhumvit soi 171 or what? May you be so kind to explain where is it and maybe post a link to a map to show it off?

Many many thanks

Max

Here is my summary:

Hi Paterno, I have to go on monday there. The address is not so clear to me. Is Sukhumvit soi 171 or what? May you be so kind to explain where is it and maybe post a link to a map to show it off?

Many many thanks

Max

Ok, let me try to help. If you are coming from Rayong city, you will pass PMY, then pass St. Josephs school on left, after that Sukhmvt bends around to the right. You will get to a big intersection with stop light. Uturn and it will be 30-50 meters on left. If you get to Golden Rayong Sport Club, you passed it. The entrance looks like a MooBan. :)