High Egg Price In Thailand

WolfgangGiesen

Hi all,

based on the facts that the floodings in and around BKK has cost the lives of about 4 million egg layers the price there went through the roof, grade 0 eggs 205 Baht a tray, grade 1 a little less, only 180 Baht and here in the north cowboys from BKK went on a shopping spree paying any price at the farm gate and transporting the eggs with a pick up or even with a big 6 or 10 wheeler. Profit driving a pick up to BKK about 40.000 Baht and all eggs sold out within a single day, back to CM and the same again. Now the price here is dropping together with the water level in BKK and the Layer Farmer Accossiation Chiang Mai Lamphun is saying to help the people in BKK the price here would be reduced. This is a crying lie, the market is full with eggs and they are scared not to sell there eggs, by the way, the cowboys from BKK are not showing up at the farm gates anymore, plenty of Bangkogians are here in the north already on an extended year end visit or a visit until the factories are reopend.

Khon Thai me nam jai.

Weight 71 grams and more grade 0 = 3.55 Baht / per egg - tray 106.50 Baht

65-70 gram 1 = 3.45 Baht / per egg - tray 103.50 Baht

60-64 gram 2 = 3.35 Baht / per egg - tray 100.50 Baht

55-59 gram 3 = 3.25 Baht / per egg - tray 97.50 Baht

50-54 gram 4 = 3.15 Baht / per egg - tray 94.50 Baht

45-49 gram 5 = 3.05 Baht / per egg - tray 91.50 Baht

Those are the prices at the farm gate for buying more than about 100 trays. Please add about 6 baht profit for the wholeseller and another 6 baht for the retailer and you should be there. Anything else is inflated and I am talking about the prices in and arround BKK

My wife is selling eggs and so I know what I am talking about.

Have a nice egg

Evidently not everywhere. Last week here in A. Wang Muang, Saraburi, #1 size eggs baht 135 a tray.

Today at the local Lotus Express, a package of their 65-70 gm eggs, 10 eggs, for baht 55. Don't know what size # that equates to.

Mac

65-70 is grade 1 and my wife sold them this morning for 37 Baht for 10 eggs. Price a tray 110 Baht. 55 is 165 Baht a tray, good profit!! But 37 Baht is here in Doi Tao, Chiang Mai province.

Have a nice egg.