Kasikorn Registered Address And Atm Limits.

Hello all, Just signed up for Kasikorn K Cyber online banking. At first time login, I am required to enter my current address. I do tend to move around a bit and am wondering if Kasikorn ever actually ever do have reason to send any written mail to the registered address?

I am presently staying in an hotel and wouldn't t really want Kasikorn sending anything of a financial nature (i.e PIN confirmations etc) to an hotel thank you very much! Any of you out there ever get anything sent to your registered address that some naughty person or other could use to rob you of some money somehow?

Also, while logged into Cyber banking, I can't seem to find any way of limiting the daily amount that can be withdrawn by ATM. Can I do that online or do I make a call or pop into my local branch?

Piers

The ATM limit per withdrawal is 20k, if you want to limit the total each day you would need to talk to your branch.

I too have never received anything ever through the mail.

Always a good idea to add the sms service,whenever the balance moves in either direction your told usually within minutes by how much.

Edited by CharlieH

The 20k limit is for one withdrawl from a kasikornbank ATM but the standard daily total withdrawal is 40k (ie two withdrawals of 20k).

You can however take out 30k in one time from a Krungsri (Bank of Ayudhya) ATM or 25k from a Bangkok bank ATM but the 40k total will still apply.

I guess you could contact your bank to reduce this? Don't know for sure.

Agree with CharlieH about the sms service being well worth having, and I also recommend registering for one time passwords via sms for online transactions. That way, somebody needs access to your online banking AND your telephone to rob you....

Edited by Paul888

OP here. I went to my Kasikorn branch today to find out what the situation is. What the girl there told me tallies exactly with what is at: http://www.kasikornb...ges/KDebit.aspx

ATM daily withdrawal limit on that card is 50,000 Baht. (Probably maximum 20,000 per withdrawal due to the way most ATM machines work. i.e max 20 notes at Kasikorn ATM's)

Daily limit can be increased to 200,000 Baht but cannot be decreased to lower than 50,000.

That card can also be used as a debit card in shops etc with a daily spend of maximum 100,000 Baht. As there is no chip and pin here and as it's very easy to use cards here with no signature checks at all (my name is not even on the front of the card. Just 'Privileged Member') I asked her to remove the debit card feature from my card. She dialled a phone number on her mobile for me and I spoke to a girl who asked me date of birth etc etc and then confirmed that my card would only now be able to be used as an ATM card, (i.e not by anyone who happens to find it and fancies buying a couple of new large screen TV's at my expense)

I assume the number she called is one of the service ones that any account holder can do from their own phone.

I also signed up for the sms alert (at the ATM outside the bank) so I should get an sms if the account balance changes at any time. Sms alert looks to only work between 7am and 10pm according to this page?: http://www.kasikornb...tion_Alert.aspx

Assuming the sms alert does only operate between those hours, (surely not? why??) anyone lucky enough to 'find' one of those cards could, presumably, get cash and goods to the value of 150,000 Baht, (assuming enough in that account, of course) before the unlucky loser got his sms alert at 7am informing him of the happy news. Maybe he would get it all/some back, I've no idea, but this being Thailand, I'd rather not be the farang that has to find out.

If I was in a fixed abode here I may not have bothered with all this. Just hid the card away at home until needed, but I do tend to move around a fair bit, hotels etc which does present security problems.

Anyway, I don't need the 100,000 Baht debit facility (I have a UK issued credit card that I feel may be less hassle if things go wrong) so I don't see the point taking any chances for no gain!

I can easily restart the facility again if ever needed anyway.

Piers

Edited by PiersRudford

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/ServicesChannel/SearchServiceChannel/K-mAlert/Pages/Transaction_Alert.aspx

Service Fees

• For Balance Change Alert Package
    The service fee is 20 Baht/month/account, which will be deducted from the savings or current account that the service applies to.
  • For Account Alert Package
    The service fee is 20 Baht/month/account, which will be deducted from the savings or current account that the service applies to.

Edited by PiersRudford

• 3 weeks later...

OP here again.

Went to Kasikorn ATM today to make a withdrawal.

The sms alert arrived in my phone even before I had withdrawn the card from the slot. Can't get much faster than that.

It told me date, time, account number and exact amount withdrawn.

A well spent 20 Baht per month I think.

You can set up an alert for yourselves at any Kasikorn ATM. Make sure you have the number of your mobile with you when you do, obviously, as you will need to key it in.

Could save some of you a lot of money (for one reason or another....)

http://www.kasikornb...tion_Alert.aspx