Vegemite On Phuket

tolsti

I have been asked by a desperate Antipodean lady from Downunnda as to where she can get Vegemite here on Phuket.

Having a preference for Marmite I am unable to assist.....Can any one else help?.... Where can she buy Vegemite?

thanks

As Peter Callen said, 'The Deli' in Ratuthit Road, Patong - at a price! If you search for previous posts on this question, you'll see that it was formerly available at Big C (on the Bypass Road). They no longer stock it. There is nothing to stop someone bringing a jar over for her from Oz (a lovely LARGE jar) - the best way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps of belated interest to some - noticed a couple of days ago that Big C (ex Carrefour) at Jung Ceylon has started stocking 200g jars of Vegemite at cB170 per jar (in the foreign foods isle near the freezers). Not cheap, but probably far cheaper than 'The Deli'. Whether they will continue to stock this product remains to be seen...

I don't know about vegemite in Villa Mart but beware of buying any "fresh" meat just now as they are/were having problems with refrigeration & air conditioning. Years ago I was working on an oil rig, which had just been towed from South Korea, in the Gulf of Thailand. About 60% of the crew both Thai & foreign became violently ill. It turned out the freezers broke down on the journey & after they were repaired the catering manager re froze all the meat. I was lucky & did not suffer.

TOPS supermarket (Central) sometimes has it, or else Villa supermarket in Chalong should have it..? I also prefer Marmite, which I always keep a good stock of. :licklips: Plus I keep one jar of the other stuff, in case of emergencies..! ;)

ah u brits... yes vegemite I see in Villa always.. now for a real challenge.. I love PROMITE!!

anyone seen that about??

Every day.. jar, tube stc. Delish deli at the Fisherman Way Business Garden in Rawai. (200m south of Rawai lotus) Tis and Aussie run place that you'll like with lots of goodies to eat.l They even import lettuce and mushroom from Oz.

Plenty of good toasties with a rocket. I had to lear to speak OZ so I could enjoy being a patron.. I use to like the girls up at Black Canyon but the Delish food is far better!