Is Bupropion Or Any Of Its Brand Names Available In Thailand?

Shurup

As the subject says, is it available in Thailand and if so, do I need a prescription for it?

I have been on one antidepressnat on and off for years but the pills I have are past expiry (I think) and it has one nasty side effect which I don't like at all. I went to see my doctor in Canada today and asked for Bupropion but he gave me prescription for Sipralex. I did a quick research on it and its in the same class of SSRI and so has the same side effects as other drugs in this category. I am not taking it.

If it's available, I would most likely get a script for it in Thailand so I can take it back with me when I travel. Just want to know if it's available.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Quomem, the brand name of Wellbutrin in Thailand produced by GSK (aka not generic), is available without prescription but sold only at pharmacies.  I’ve purchased Quomem at a pharmacy in the Bangkok Airport (one of the big chains) and from a number of smaller local pharmacies in Phuket (but some had to order it).  Paid between 2500-3000 Baht for 30 150mg pills (3000 was from the pharmacy in Bangkok airport).  I usually stock up because brand name Wellbutrin (made by GSK) in the US costs $1,200 for 30 pills, and many insurance companies only pay for generic.