Fitness First

crabstix

• 5 months later...

I used to be a member of Fitness First for 8 years and they were horrible at keeping up with club maintenance. They are great at giving a tour and selling memberships, but once you join, you discover that many of their machines are broke. The sound plugs on the machines do not work and I know a couple of members that plugged their headset in only to get a nice shock of electricity to the ears. When you tell the staff a machine is broke, they just look at you and say kaa or krahp, but never put an out of order sign on it EVEN if it in a condition where someone could get injured. Then the machines stay broke for months and months and months. The machines are so close together that I have seen people get banged in the head and tripping over stuff. Of course it is azzes and elbows full of people, but the sales force keeps signing people up with no plans to expand the work out areas. The staff just stand around texting on their mobiles and picking their noses and the worse thing is when someone gets hurt or falls off a machine they do not do anything but giggle or the Thai oiiiiiiii. They never check on them to see if they need medical assistance. If you talk to a manager about a problem they say they can't do anything and even say they won't be doing anything,

I dumped Fitness First a few years ago and switched to Clarke Hatch for a while. Very classy.

Now I go to a gym that is family owned rather than corporate owned. The owner is always around, listens to complaints and fixes any problems.

Edited by Koratpat