Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Driving Airport To Kanchanaburi

ost22

I have to make the same trip Saturday so let us know how you get on please.

I'll be coming from about 45k's north of Kan and have been told it's possible to come in over the Pathum Thani bridge and join the expressway at Ransit.

Not sure about the journey back though as someone else has told me that traffic out of BKK is pretty bad.

I'll be coming from about 45k's north of Kan and have been told it's possible to come in over the Pathum Thani bridge and join the expressway at Ransit.

Not sure about the journey back though as someone else has told me that traffic out of BKK is pretty bad.

If you are going any ware near Ransit add load's of time I have just done the Ransit Airport trip both way's and it's a bloody nightmare took me over 3 hour's. There is only one single lane open onto it going south and the tail back's are up to 10km you can use some of the frontage road if you have a 4x4 large lump but if your in a normal car forget it. All and I mean all the fuel station's are flooded so make sure you get lot's of Petrol/D. Getting off at Ransit going north is even worse. My trip on Sunday took well over 4 hour from Swampy just to get to Ransit and by the way they are charging full price. Tip keep your window's closed as the stench will knock you out. Best of luck.

If you are going any ware near Ransit add load's of time I have just done the Ransit Airport trip both way's and it's a bloody nightmare took me over 3 hour's. There is only one single lane open onto it going south and the tail back's are up to 10km you can use some of the frontage road if you have a 4x4 large lump but if your in a normal car forget it. All and I mean all the fuel station's are flooded so make sure you get lot's of Petrol/D. Getting off at Ransit going north is even worse. My trip on Sunday took well over 4 hour from Swampy just to get to Ransit and by the way they are charging full price. Tip keep your window's closed as the stench will knock you out. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply.

Did you use the Vibhavadi-Rangsit expressway or the Bang Khlo-Bang Sai expressway?

Thanks for the reply.

Did you use the Vibhavadi-Rangsit expressway or the Bang Khlo-Bang Sai expressway?

Have to pass on that one as I not to conversant with name's in BKK The one I used is the one that start's/end's at Future Park/Ransit and passes the the old Airport then onto Ding Dang but they are all full of traffic, as there the only way to get through BKK without going through flood's, Blocked road's. Hope this help's.