Bangkok Bank Internet Banking - Help Needed

A few days ago I established a Bualuang iBanking account and received my User ID as well as my PIN number.

Unfortunately I travelled overseas before using the service for the first time.

Now I am unable to access the account because I get the message that the logon information is incorrect. I am sure that I used the User ID as well as the PIN number given to me. I do not want to try once more because the service will be suspended.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

If you care to PM me I will see what we can do to assist.

Dave

Good evening Dave

I was hoping that you or Ian might be able to assist.

I have attempted to log on twice and do not want to risk it a third time because I would like to verify the receipt of funds from overseas before I return to Thailand. Perhaps I should use my ATM number initially? Then again, why provide a PIN number which should be changed to a Password?

Best regards

Panor

Thanks

Panor, I will PM you. Do not wish to discuss your personal details in the open forum

Dave

Good evening Dave

I have attempted to log on twice and do not want to risk it a third time because I would like to verify the receipt of funds from overseas before I return to Thailand. Perhaps I should use my ATM number initially? Then again, why provide a PIN number which should be changed to a Password?

Best regards

Panor

Thanks

Edited by Daveroc

Dave

Good evening Dave

Best regards

Panor

Thanks

Yes, it is 3 strikes and you're out. And no, it is not your ATM number.

If you have both things in front of you it should be hard to get wrong - your user id is a 10-digit number sent to you in email, and the PIN is the one sent by regular mail. or if you enrolled at the ATM, the User ID is printed on the ATM slip, and the PIN is one that you selected yourself and input into the ATM. If you've enrolled by ATM then you have 3 days to log on the first time; after that the registration is no longer valid.

I believe, and I could be wrong here - that the internet banking operation part of the call center can re-set the PIN if you've done it wrong 3 times - re-set doesn't mean a new PIN, but just gives you another 3 chances.

The reason to change the PIN to a password is to make it less easy to guess by brute force - i.e. a 4-digit PIN, compared to a 6 letter/number combination which includes capital letters - the latter is much more difficult to guess.

If you need to check your incoming intl remittance you can call the call center and enter your ATM card and PIN number to ask an operator to advise if the funds have been received. Also - if you enrol for the SMS alert service at an ATM then you'll receive free SMS messages for incoming international remittances.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I finally had a chance to phone the Bangkok Bank helpline during the bank's normal business hours and reported my problem. Within a few minutes I was able to log on. I even received an automatic log-on alert.

Many thanks for your assistance, Daveroc.

• 2 months later...

For readers if you have a problem using internet you still have the phone option available using your card number and ATM PIN. It is in Thai and English and has a menu of options. I have never obtained internet access as can not do alone with joint account and filling out forms too hard for wife at our age (although Krung Thai opened account just using her ID card/reader last week only requiring her to sign in a few places so seems smart ID card is of some use these days at some banks).

1. Dial Bualuang Phone on 1333 or (66) 0-2645-5555.

Maximum 5 days.

Dave (BBL)

Sorry to knock this reply Dave but my PIN number did not show up in almost 3 weeks and a trip to the branch in Banchang to submit new paperwork for the pin was accepted but the CSR asked me to wait at least another week and if I did not receive it then call her and she would submit the new request,,,,,,,,,,,she said Banchang seems to have issues with the PIN number and many do not show up for about a month. Low and behold my PIN came to the house EMS about a week later

Same thing happened with me and Kasikorn bank..... Youy have to call them and get it streightened out. They don't trust the internet. My wife did most of the talking in Thai. They then sent me a number in email to re-open the account and change the password. If you are lucky you can find someone who speaks English.

Follow-on question:

I received the email from BuauangiBankingSupport with my User ID yesterday. How soon after should I receive the mailed letter containing the PIN?

Maximum 5 days.

Dave (BBL)

Thank you. I received the mailing with my PIN on 24 March 2012 (it looks like it was mailed/generated on 21 March 2012, and it may have been delivered on the 23rd; I was out of town).

I was able to successfully enroll in Bangkok Bank iBanking.

For others please be aware that it took ~ 14 weeks for me to receive the email (with user name) and mailer (with PIN) from the date when I applied in person at my serving branch. I did not push back as I thought that my application might have been rejected. Maybe my application got lost and was later found, or required additional management review(s), or the process just generally takes 3 months.