Shangrila

tolstoy

Does anyone know why the buffet at shangrilla is booked solid for the next three weeks? It usually has plenty of seats sometimes even empty. But last week I tried to go and was turned away and this week we called to book a seat and they said that it was booked completely until 13th.

I bet there is some explanation other than the public clammering for seats. I ate at the Le Meridian buffet today for Thanksgiving -which is fairly decent - and there were only 4 or 5 tables with customers at noon time.

A friend had a card where you buy one meal and get one free and it was not a bad way to get a decent meal for 200 baht, but not the place for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner if one were so inclined.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Shangri-La couldn't even host the monthly expat meeting this month because the hotel is booked solid with an Amway convention or conference. Good for them--they have been suffering badly for lack of business since they opened.

BTW, they are having a nice looking dinner buffet on Christmas Day at 6:30 p.m. for 599 baht per person, plus service and tax (706 baht total) which is quite reasonable for what they are offering.

BTW, they are having a nice looking dinner buffet on Christmas Day at 6:30 p.m. for 599 baht per person, plus service and tax (706 baht total) which is quite reasonable for what they are offering.

That sounds pretty good. Traditional holiday meals in a pleasant environment are getting very expensive these days.

I bet there is some explanation other than the public clammering for seats. I ate at the Le Meridian buffet today for Thanksgiving -which is fairly decent - and there were only 4 or 5 tables with customers at noon time.

A friend had a card where you buy one meal and get one free and it was not a bad way to get a decent meal for 200 baht, but not the place for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner if one were so inclined.

What kind of card is that ? Buy 1 get one free.

Thanks guys.

I just couldn't figure out how or why a buffet would ever close its doors to its regular customers. I know that it might be good business for them for a month but for me I will have to find another regular place. Once I enjoy a place I go there regularly, but if I can't I find another regular place. I just wish that there were other places that were as comfortable and relaxing as Shangrila. The food is adequate at best but the atmosphere is twice as nice as any other buffet place. I hate crowds and congestion like and Central Duantuan.

You have to buy it and you get "free" nights in the hotel, 1/2 off in the restaurants and other stuff for one year.

Is this "membership" card for the Shangri La or Le Meridien? Could be both as most hotels seem to do similar such programmes.