3B Premium Service Is It Available In Chaing Mai?

TravelerEastWest

3b Premium Service is it available In Chaing Mai? I am wondering but teh city center and say 20 minutes outside the city in the hills somwhere beautiful.

I currently live in Bangkok and my 3B premium service with 5 down and 1 up and a dedicated IP works great for internet surfing - VOIP Vonage calls and uploading photos to a website I pay around 3000 per month and am happy.

Next year I plan to move to Chaing Mai - exactly where is undecided....

Yes, I have it. 3BB has pretty good coverage, almost like TOT. I am in a moo baan 5km from the city center.

There's also: TOT Fiber 2U in select areas. I am waiting for mine to check it out. And True high speed cable at up to 100Mbps. True cable - and True DSL too - is only available very close to the city center though.

At 20 minutes outside the city you'll just have to check whether it's available before you move there.

Yes, I have it. 3BB has pretty good coverage, almost like TOT. I am in a moo baan 5km from the city center.

There's also: TOT Fiber 2U in select areas. I am waiting for mine to check it out. And True high speed cable at up to 100Mbps. True cable - and True DSL too - is only available very close to the city center though.

At 20 minutes outside the city you'll just have to check whether it's available before you move there.

Nikster,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful response.

I am not familiar with TOT Fiber 2U so I will have to research it. I have no problem with paying above 3000 per month if that is what I need to be able to move outside the city center. Perhaps near the CM university the connections may be good - just guessing.

I will rent a house first while I look around the different areas as I will need to balance internet access with a good international school for two small kids and perhaps a nice view.