Out In The Wild

freja

:o

Are there any farangwomen that lives out in the countryside? Central or north? Maybe with kids?

I feel a bit isolated and it would be great to share thoughts and such!!!

There are no farangs around here...and I need to ventilate!!!!

Welcome to the forum! I don't live in the North or Central part of Thailand but in the South. And, altho I am surrounded by farang tourists they are, after all, just tourists and all they see is an idyllic island. "oh it must be great to live in paradise". Well, let's face it, even paradise has its problems! Feel free to vent, I am sure we have all faced the same problems at some time or another!

Hello - well I have kids, two teenage girls. One is just here visiting for 6 weeks, picked her up at the airport Saturday. We are living in Ayutthaya, don't know whether you would consider that the country, small town is more like it I guess. How old are your kids? Where do you live?

Thank you everyone!!!

This forum is amazing. Why didn't I find this before??? Anyways..this is my story shortly....met my husband 10 years ago. Lived down in the islands for 2 years...then my husband got a good job in Europe...and we lived there ...until this summer...and now we are back. Our girl is 1 year old. We live in the Soi Dao Highlands, Chantaburi.

Everything is great...but still...the lack of friends starts to feel. Sure, my husband is my best friend...but..well...you know what I mean.

It's great to know that you guys are out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Freja, just a thought for you.....maybe you already do this.....but you could set up your account on msn so you can chat directly with the other women from here. Yahoo has chat as well. If you get a web cam you can do it with visuals so at least you know you are actually talking to a womanand not some freakt guy !! You can also have voice conversations and it is cheaper than telephones. Good luck !! By the way what is it like where you are I am interested to know !?

Thank you for the tip, Ned.

ABout Soi Dao. It really is amazing out here. Mountains, waterfalls, great people...and still Chantaburi City and the sea 60 km away. We are about 2 hours away from Koh Chang. And..we get good, fresh and cheap cheap fruit all year around!

It's really a great place to visit! And to live!

Take care

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Freja

You sound as if you live in a great place for some things. I live north of Khao Yai and though work in an international school, lack for western female company as most teachers here are male. My partner is Thai and I live a primarily Thai social life outside school, so can sympathise with frustrations. Keep looking for local farangs, there may well be others hidden away.

If not, this forum seems great.

Good luck

flipper