Update 26/11 On Trains From Bkk

asanee

as per today, 26/11, many train servcies have been able to put back to more or less normal.

1.SOUTH-trains now again start/finish BKK, but delays may be heavier as usual still. ONly the (no farang would even know about this) the 1/day local to Suphanburi is cut short. BUS to Nakorn pathom not needed anymore. UNCLEAR about the local tourist trains to/fro Kan-buri from Thonburi-I guess may still partly flooded there.

2. NORTH line=to Ch Mai: reroute via east not needed anymore, BUT service still limited to just 2 trains: the daytime sprinter and the overnight nr 1/2 special sleep\express. They have to run at lower speed-via still partially flooded sections, so again delays will be stiff. OTHER trains (as there are 5/6 daily overniters planned) are NOT running or just over limited sections=no use for BKK.

3. ISAN=North East: as north-reroute withdrawn for SOME trains=mainly the bus-lookalike sprinter DMU sets. The Rapid trains still rerouted and face delays-some of these have limited sleepers. Again-though not clearly stated, it seems NOT all trains run or only limited parts.

4. EASTERN line as usual and the short single lines to Mahachai and Mae Klong=probably still out of use or only for those having swimmers.

As always- I assume people can read and any Qs if it still holds are useless-untill further news comes (this I got from reliable inner SRT people). Instead of fear and panick start with some proper logic thinking and reasoning. Qs about WHEN back to normal etc. are also completely useless-they do not know themselves either. Provide your own crystal ball.

Thanks for this update.

Any hints/projections when full service to the North will be resumed?

I had read that there was some repair work required, but maybe they can just go slow enough so as to not have issues?

As always- I assume people can read and any Qs if it still holds are useless-untill further news comes (this I got from reliable inner SRT people). Instead of fear and panick start with some proper logic thinking and reasoning. Qs about WHEN back to normal etc. are also completely useless-they do not know themselves either. Provide your own crystal ball.