Hit And Run Opposite Jack Van Friday Night

whimsy

There was a hit and run last night about 2:30 am outside Jack Van bar at Somphet Gold Place. A farang customer at Jack's was on the road and was hit by a car driving on Chaiyaphum Rd. I was at Woody's at the time and only saw the aftermath. Ambulances attended, but by the reactions of other customers in the crowd I think the accident may have been fatal. The car involved in the accident did not stop.

Sorry to hear that.

Ignoring the reputation of the people running that particular bar for ripping of customers and getting aggressive, I have

at times wondered how many have been killed by cars outside there at night-time. Sometimes I've seen cars driving down

stretch of road in the night so fast that I've more than half suspected they wanted to hit someone.

Sorry to hear that.

Ignoring the reputation of the people running that particular bar for ripping of customers and getting aggressive, I have

at times wondered how many have been killed by cars outside there at night-time. Sometimes I've seen cars driving down

stretch of road in the night so fast that I've more than half suspected they wanted to hit someone.

i cant comment on the hit and run part of this thread but i have been to the jack van many times over the years and they have never over charged me or any one i know

jack is a friendly fun decent kind of guy it does gets a bad crowd in sometimes late at night but as its open late you'd expect that

it maybe more to do with other bar owners being pissed of that he stays open late when most places are closed at 12 that maybe why you see cars race past there

and if they aren't forced to stop, they wont. it's always hit and run.

but should be easy for the police to catch the driver, because there's surveillance cameras everywhere around that area.

it's a sad thing that they probably wont do anything.

jack van bar attracts all kinds of weird and bad customers and they do bullshit customers and there's always thieves around.

I guess I want be visiting this bar. Too bad about the hit and run. What was the guy doing in the road to be hit in the first place.

Just drive around where the tourists are and you will see them wandering in the middle of the road without a care oblivious to the drunken drivers tearing around the streets late at night.

Many are hit by vehicles over the course of a year. I have witnessed several incidents usually someone walking in the middle of Loh Kroh near a junction and a bike turns into the street and smacks into them. Also have seen drunken Tuk Tuk drivers smash into them.

The Japanese tourists seem to be the worst they should have a warning in their guide books

Although recently I have noticed many Middle Eastern tourists oblivious to traffic walking and blocking the roads

I guess I want be visiting this bar. Too bad about the hit and run. What was the guy doing in the road to be hit in the first place.

theres no reason not to go to the jack van because of a hit and run incident iv seen the odd fight there late at night but you can say that about most places late at night

i dont feel its the bars fault its the odd scum bag that goes in looking for trouble but jacks on them pretty fast also he has a lot of expat friends that drink there that will help him out

if needs be give it a go you might like it id say its no worse than any other part of the city at 2 am but it that way

he has a lot of expat friends that drink there that will help him out

I'd say he also has a few friends of the p.i.g. variety to be able to carry on set up where he is. :whistling:

He does have many and is a well connected chap,i left my phone there on one of the tables about 2 years ago next day he was waiting for me with it in his pocket and gave it to me.

A good guy but not one to be on the wrong side of.

I don't think Thai's really care if they hit a foreigner , . Maybe some drunken boy that has lost his girlfriend to a foreigner was out for revenge.

I don't think you think what you claim to think. Just a hunch.

Either way, even if you're right it's still really remarkable that someone would post such a thing. Can really only have pity, never mind if he truly believes it.