Can You Translate?

tuky

This is the name on my baby's birth cert. Can anyone tell me what it says in phasa engrit?

คริสต์ตี้

Initially my name was incorrect as the father, infact the guy who filled in the form seemed to think my name was completely different to what it actually is eg if my name was John, he put it down as Paul. We managed to get the cert altered to include my correct name, which is an amendment at the bottom of the cert.

My wife says mai pen rai, but if my daughters name translates out to what I think it does I am not going to be happy.

Any got any ideas? thanks.

It just says 'Khristy' (or 'Kristy' I don't know which spelling you will have in English but that is how it is pronounced).

It doesn't have any translation into Thai as it is a person's name.

It sounds fine to me. :o

Congratulation by the way!

Oh, good one guys.

I spent about 10 minutes talking with the dear wife about this one and according to her the name is pronounced Clitty, I thought it could be an R instead of an L.

Kristy sounds great to me.

The darling wife says no pompam, name same same.

Hey did you see the new photo of Kitty/Christy in the album?

I am back in town so shall be able to add a few more photos...well I am interested anyway :o

Thanks for the confirmation of the name people.

It is a little embarrassing that I consider LoS my home, yet I cannot speak a huge amount of Thai and certainly cannot read it, but this is changing. My work calls for me to speak Russian, which I am slowly learning, my home life is all in Thai.

Learning two languages at the same time is quite hard for an aussie guy like me (I am still trying to come to grips with english). As my mate Kevin Bloody Wilson so eloquently puts it, I make two short planks look like a computer...