Ocean

phomsanuk

Forget Jomtien; the water's filthy.

If you want clean, lovely-color sea water, you might go over to Koh Larn by ferry from Bali Hai pier (20 baht). Or, if you've got wheels and want the best local beach experience, go down to Sattahip, to the navy beach... beautiful!

B)

When I do go to the beach in Jomtien I prefer Dongtan Beach north of the police box (towards pattaya) - it seems cleaner and has less hawkers. For a nice day with cleaner beaches and water I prefer Bang Saray.

As suggested Sattahip and Koh Larn are great choices also but a bit more difficult to get to.

Edited by gerry53

When I do go to the beach in Jomtien I prefer Dongtan Beach north of the police box (towards pattaya) - it seems cleaner and has less hawkers. For a nice day with cleaner beaches and water I prefer Bang Saray.

As suggested Sattahip and Koh Larn are great choices also but a bit more difficult to get to.

I heard that falling asleep on Dongtan can be a real pain in the butt. B)

I wouldn't worry. Times have changed. There was that incident about the hot borscht enema :o:blink: but that was obviously an urban myth.

Edited by Jingthing

If you want clean, lovely-color sea water, you might go over to Koh Larn by ferry from Bali Hai pier (20 baht). Or, if you've got wheels and want the best local beach experience, go down to Sattahip, to the navy beach... beautiful!

B)

Got turned away from the Navy Beach, went in my motor with my wife, her brother ( Thai ) and my brother from the UK.

No Farangs welcome here, we were told.

Should start that in the uk, not allowing foreigners on the beaches, there'ld be some empty beaches :lol:

Not been in the sea at Jomtien for years now, too many jellyfish and lots of trash.

B)

Got turned away from the Navy Beach, went in my motor with my wife, her brother ( Thai ) and my brother from the UK.

No Farangs welcome here, we were told.

Should start that in the uk, not allowing foreigners on the beaches, there'ld be some empty beaches :lol:

Not been in the sea at Jomtien for years now, too many jellyfish and lots of trash.

No other reason given? "Navy Beach" = Had Sai Khao, the one a few km past Bang Saray? I was turned back once last year as they had a visiting royal of some sort. Been many times since no problem at all. Definitely the nicest beach nearby.

I wouldn't worry. Times have changed. There was that incident about the hot borscht enema :o:blink: but that was obviously an urban myth.

Sounds like experience talking :whistling:

B)

sorry price went up 30bht

Sounds like experience talking :whistling:

Slow down, Buster. I wouldn't be Russian to conclusions ...