Beer Prices

snamos

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately reckon the coca cola in Australia tastes different....but the Heiniken tastes the same to me.

Normal coke may taste different i drink coke zero and it tastes the same

I think the Heineken tastes the same to and we have both drunk it there recently

apparantly its got to do with the refined sugar in Australia...wheras Thailand uses sugar cane and is much sweeter...I read that somewhere recently...maybe in Thaivisa?

The Heineken in Aussie isn't the same crappy Heineken you get in Thailand which is brewed in Thailand for the Thai palate.

Isn't this some kind of a psychological effect? You expect beer brewed in Thailand to taste lousy, and therefore it does. A Heineken employee who assists in opening new Heineken factories all over the world, once assured me : "it's exactly the same owl piss everywhere".

In Holland, where Heineken comes from, Heineken is seen as a very low status chemical mass produced beer.

By the way, do bars and restaurants in Phuket sometimes sell Archa beer? It's the cheapest type of beer there is, to my knowledge. If I get the type of people in my place who complain that even the air you breath is expensive in Thailand, but who nevertheless want to drink beer, I always advice them to order Archa, I sell a big bottle for 90 Baht.

By the way, do bars and restaurants in Phuket sometimes sell Archa beer? It's the cheapest type of beer there is, to my knowledge. If I get the type of people in my place who complain that even the air you breath is expensive in Thailand, but who nevertheless want to drink beer, I always advice them to order Archa, I sell a big bottle for 90 Baht.

Never seen Archa in a bar in TH

and for 90 baht I would want a big Leo as its 40 baht in Makro :)

My favourite beach bar at Khao Khad on Cape Panwa normally sells small bottles of Singha for 50 baht, though like most places they have no stock at the moment. They do have large bottles of Singha at the moment though, which they sell for 90 baht, and their prices aren't time of day dependent. Very good and inexpensive food also.

Another good value venue is Tony's Restaurant not far from where I live in Chalong. I pop in there sometimes for one of their excellent club sandwiches. If they have small Singha, it's 40 baht, again at any time.

Both of these are Thai owned and managed/staffed.

You can get Archa at some (mostly) Thai bars but at 38 baht from the mom and pop shop around the corner how can you charge 90?

You can get Archa at some (mostly) Thai bars but at 38 baht from the mom and pop shop around the corner how can you charge 90?

It is a rule of thumb that a bar or restaurant has to sell beverages for at least about twice the price they buy it, in order to stay afloat financially. I realize my prices are higher then at some Thai bars, but I pay salaries, staff health insurance, VAT, company tax and so on, and they don't.

It is a rule of thumb that a bar or restaurant has to sell beverages for at least about twice the price they buy it, in order to stay afloat financially. I realize my prices are higher then at some Thai bars, but I pay salaries, staff health insurance, VAT, company tax and so on, and they don't.

Still very expensive @ 90 baht but if people pay then ...................................... up to them jap.gif