Calling From Bangkok To Manila

dddave

• 3 months later...

I've been using the Viber app between my and my wife's Android phones here in TH...and it works great... both for voice calls and text messaging... free to any other Viber user. But it only works with/between Android and IPhone devices.

I'm wondering why the OP has ruled out Skype. While I have my gripes with the service, one of its advantages is that is provided free Skype to Skype voice and even video calls on probably one of the widest range of different kinds of mobile devices... They have apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, IPhone, Android, Symbian, and more...

Another similar mobile app to Viber is Tango, which provides free calls between members on PCs, IPhones, Android and lately Windows Phone.

A lot depends on what kind of device the other party in the PH is able to use... That will in large part determine the best route to take.

If you both buy a Magic Jack and can be on a computer then the calls are free.

Magic Jack Plus is new and doesn't require the computer to be on at all times. WORKS great.

In MNL you can order one from Sulit and I believe the vendors at Pantip have the Plus product now.

If you're both on a computer, you don't need Magic Jack, as you can just use Skype or one of the other messengers.