Marriage Visa Extension

Hi folks!

Got married to my Thai fiancee last August, and planning to relocate to LOS for few years ahead. :o I understand from TV that I need to get a marriage visa for 90 days from my home country, then extend it for 1 year after showing a 400K THB in a Thai bank account. My question is: Is it easy to extend it on a yearly basis after that? Or is there other additional requirements, such as employment in LOS, etc? My plan is to live on from my overseas investments while living here.

Appreciate your advice. :D

G

Edited by Gulliver_in_LOS

1. Sign a wire transfer agreement with your bank to allow you to transfer funds into your Thai bank account (even if you don't have it ready yet).

2. Obtain a non immigrant O visa using your marriage certificate (and perhaps copy of wife id card or passport if required). This will allow a 90 day stay and should be enough to arrange the extension of stay after money is transferred.

3. Once in Thailand for over 60 days make application for one year extension of stay based on supporting Thai wife at a local immigration office. Your employment will be your overseas investments and your 400k will be from income/savings overseas.

4. Each year you go through the same process and will need the bank account over 400k. The bank account should show normal usage and overseas input.

1.  Sign a wire transfer agreement with your bank to allow you to transfer funds into your Thai bank account (even if you don't have it ready yet).

2.  Obtain a non immigrant O visa using your marriage certificate (and perhaps copy of wife id card or passport if required).  This will allow a 90 day stay and should be enough to arrange the extension of stay after money is transferred.

3.  Once in Thailand for over 60 days make application for one year extension of stay based on supporting Thai wife at a local immigration office.  Your employment will be your overseas investments and your 400k will be from income/savings overseas.

4.  Each year you go through the same process and will need the bank account over 400k.  The bank account should show normal usage and overseas input.

Thank you gents for your reply.

To Lopburi3

About step 4, does it mean that I have to leave LOS and start over from step 2? Or just apply for an extension locally?

Thank you.

G

1.  Sign a wire transfer agreement with your bank to allow you to transfer funds into your Thai bank account (even if you don't have it ready yet).

2.  Obtain a non immigrant O visa using your marriage certificate (and perhaps copy of wife id card or passport if required).  This will allow a 90 day stay and should be enough to arrange the extension of stay after money is transferred.

3.  Once in Thailand for over 60 days make application for one year extension of stay based on supporting Thai wife at a local immigration office.  Your employment will be your overseas investments and your 400k will be from income/savings overseas.

4.  Each year you go through the same process and will need the bank account over 400k.  The bank account should show normal usage and overseas input.

Does the letter from your embassy (evidence of overseas income) have to be translated and notarised by the MFA?