Verys Versus D-Tracker

my gasoline consumption with the KLX is around 130 to 150 km until I hit reserve. I have derestricted the bike and have removed the airfilter snorkel, nothing else but I love to pull the throttle hard. I have not yet checked the KLX on a longer ride without full throttle. Probably I can get it to 200 km if I am lucky.

Edited by yannic

I have a NE135 and a DTX250 in BKK.

I only use the NE135 in BKK and save the DTX250 for the track and out of city rides.

If you already have a NE135, you might just want a Versys for out of town rides.

I've ridden the Versys in BKK and its too big.

I feel anything bigger than a NE135 is too impractical for BKK traffic but that's just my opinion.

If you're going to get a second bike you may as well get what's best for out of BKK riding because you'll find your NE135 is easier and faster to ride in the city.

If you ever think you might try adventure riding/off road, get a DTX250 because you can always get knobby tires or put on a KLX250S wheelset.

I put the KLX250S wheelset on my DTX250 and did a 1600KM ride all over Laos.

It went everywhere my friends' KLX250S did and where no Versys would dare to go.

A Versys can never come close to the off road ability of a KLX250S as it was designed for on road use.

Edited by ttakata