High Season Brings The Best People To Phuket!

Jimi007

I was home this afternoon listening to music when my dog alerted me to some Thai guy I had never seen in my area on my land. He was carrying a large knife. I told him in Thai to go. My dog then started to attack him. He tried to cut my dog, but she kills cobras, so she is very quick. She nipped him in the legs and he disappeared. My neighbor's dog was slashed by what looked like a knife cut two weeks ago. I had a talk with all my neighbors and no one else saw him or knew anyone fitting my description. They think he was most likely a thief. This was on Soi Cokmakham in Rawai at 4:30 PM today. He was tall, dark skinned, no shirt, wearing shorts, so he thought he could fit in... He told me in Thai he wanted some banana leaves. There are plenty of banana trees all around, no reason to come to my house. I remember a few years ago a farang and his wife were slashed in their home right down the street. So, I just thought I'd post a warning. Better to be safe than sorry...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate of mine got robbed for 30k, the guy has .... all money too and the dough was for his business expenses, he crashed out on the sofa and some one snuck in whilst he wasnt looking, reports of an asian man leaving the scene on a motorbike

i doubt this problem is unique to high season

It's a Rawai thing.

Meth heads and theives run riot down there breaking into homes.

Its a poor area and if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Its quite plain to me you know nothing about property values in Rawai or the type of people who live here

We are not the would Be's if could Be's who live in Kata talking codswallop on this forum :)

It's a Rawai thing.

Its quite plain to me you know nothing about property values in Rawai or the type of people who live here

We are not the would Be's if could Be's who live in Kata talking codswallop on this forum :)

lol :D

+ 1 Pete...

It's a Rawai thing.

+ 1 Pete...

It's a Rawai thing.

Love Rawai, never ever seen any unsavory characters there, maybe certain people would like to live there but can not !!!

PC takes the bait and the hook goes in deep.

As far as I can see it's nothing to do with biting instead it is a person defending an area against ridiculous and I am sure unfounded comments !!!

.........this one's putting up a fight, but, it's still firmly on the hook.

As far as I can see it's nothing to do with biting instead it is a person defending an area against ridiculous and I am sure unfounded comments !!!

:clap2: Congratulations for being a very funny guy or gal lol

Moving to fishing in Thailand ha ha :sorry:

Well there is no real police station there... so the crime rate is higher in Rawaii than most other southern parts of Phuket

is that so? Is crime rate in Rawai higher, and if so is the cause the lack of a police station?

I do not think so, Rawai is a great place to live certainly in my opinion better than anywhere else

on the island and a lot of people who can afford to live here agree with me

I am not a basher of people and places on this island like some people are who continually post

negatively about everything and everywhere :D

Well there is no real police station there... so the crime rate is higher in Rawaii than most other southern parts of Phuket

Having a police station stops crime? Patong comes to mind...

So right since when did a police station stop crime in Phuket

I have not heard of anyone having a crime committed against them in the 8 months we have lived here

Every other area i have lived in has more criminals and crime

I only hear of break ins around that area, muggings of tourists and rapes.

Maybe the land prices are going up but that's only due to the Russian influence that has swarmed into that area, not sure if that's good or bad.

Why is it when you look in the gazette, it's mainly filled with property in the Rawai and nai harn area?

Many offering large reductions off the original asking price.

Many are on those dusty dirt sois with no infrastructure.

I know many defend their land purchase but anyone who thinks Rawai isn't the capital of crime in Phuket are delusional.

Maybe the land prices are going up but that's only due to the Russian influence that has swarmed into that area, not sure if that's good or bad.

Why is it when you look in the gazette, it's mainly filled with property in the Rawai and nai harn area?

I know many defend their land purchase but anyone who thinks Rawai isn't the capital of crime in Phuket are delusional.

What a load of codswallop there are a lot more Russians in Chalong than there are in Rawai

The reason why they advertise in the PG is because long term expats prefer to live in the area and the PG

is a english language newspaper which the majority of people read

We do not live on dusty dirty Sois with no infrasture all the services are available here that are in Kata

When i lived in Kathu my home was broken into, when i lived in Kata the apartment owners motorbike

was stolen and scrapped, In Chalong 2 houses were broken into in the same Soi

You really no nothing about Rawai so why do you keep bashing it, but there again you seem to like

bashing everyone and everything you are just a troll that does not have a clue

You have taken over from a few others i could mention but cannot

What a load of codswallop there are a lot more Russians in Chalong than there are in Rawai

The reason why they advertise in the PG is because long term expats prefer to live in the area and the PG

is a english language newspaper which the majority of people read

We do not live on dusty dirty Sois with no infrasture all the services are available here that are in Kata

When i lived in Kathu my home was broken into, when i lived in Kata the apartment owners motorbike

was stolen and scrapped, In Chalong 2 houses were broken into in the same Soi

You really no nothing about Rawai so why do you keep bashing it, but there again you seem to like

bashing everyone and everything you are just a troll that does not have a clue

You have taken over from a few others i could mention but cannot

Peter why do you bother you have hit the nail on the head when you mention troll!! the trouble is I and a few others consider posting on hear as fun and banter, a few take it all personally.. again it is about this false persona where they can live a different life to the one they actually have.. :huh: