Is There Any Second-Handed Fender Guitar Seller In Bangkok?

Jimmy1877

I'm Taiwanese but currently studying in Thailand, Bangkok

I live around the area of Samut Prakan, Srinakarin Rd.

I'm looking exactly for a

' Second-Handed Blizzard Pearl Fender Standard Stratocaster Maple Fingerboard '

However, it could be other color that's Fender Standard Stratocaster as well.

With that said, does any guitarist in Thailand or anyone

knows a second-handed fender standard strat seller

that I can get in contact with?

it would be best if there's phone# / email

so I don't have to go ATW to the store just to ask for the price.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out. THANK YOU =D

It's a troll..... been posting the same sort of rubbish on another site as well.... can't mention their name but Knock on Wood may give you a clue.

nuke his ISP and get rid of him please.

Edited by tolsti

I don't know about second hand, but if you're on Srinakarin road, there are plenty of music shops. In Samut Prakan, you'll surely know the large Big C shopping center (Big C Pak Nam) with a music shop on the third floor. They actually sell genuine USA-made Fenders (with a price-tag to match) I noticed, you may want to ask there for any second-hand contacts.

Be vigilant when buying a second hand guitar in Thailand, many chinese copies abound (real fakes, not licenced copies), know what to look for to spot one, some are hard to identify.

There is not that many fakes out there, except for the infamous Chibanez. These are chinese made guitars that are meant to look like Ibanez guitars. Whats out for them, if you are not used to real Ibanezes, you might end up bying a fake.

Edited by aehn

Be vigilant when buying a second hand guitar in Thailand, many chinese copies abound (real fakes, not licenced copies), know what to look for to spot one, some are hard to identify.

There is not that many fakes out there, except for the infamous Chibanez. These are chinese made guitars that are meant to look like Ibanez guitars. Whats out for them, if you are not used to real Ibanezes, you might end up bying a fake.

Have also seen fake music man, warwick, fender and gibson.

There is a store near ratchetewi selling them.

Really? do they also feature the real brand logo on the headstock?

I mean there are millions of copy guitars that tries to imitate popular models and brands, but still, they have their own logo on the headstock.

Really? do they also feature the real brand logo on the headstock?

I mean there are millions of copy guitars that tries to imitate popular models and brands, but still, they have their own logo on the headstock.

No, these are complete fakes, fake serial numbers and everything. All the brands I mentioned, some are pretty obvious though.

The tell tale signs are the weight, and obviously the sound. Other things too, the music man bass they are selling has no active eq which all stingrays do, the made in san luis obispo sticker on back of headstock is in the wrong place etc. If you ever played a real one you'd know right away.

The price also, he's asking around a 30k+ for these guitars but will come down to about 15k. A real american standard strat for example would be way more than he's selling his for.

Anyway, people should know what to look for when buying, gotta watch out around here.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

No, these are complete fakes, fake serial numbers and everything. All the brands I mentioned, some are pretty obvious though.

I have yet to see a fake guitar that looks even remotely close to the original, even Chibanezes, which are a very well known phenomenon, and they are constantly, every year, improving, still, looks really fake.

Never played the Music Man bass, but would be surprised if it looks and feels even close to the original. Yeah, even the Chibanezes have the typical problem with putting the logo slightly displaced, or very much displaced, screws, hardware, well everything is wrong, and easy to spot, if you are familiar with the originals.

I have yet to see a fake guitar that looks even remotely close to the original, even Chibanezes, which are a very well known phenomenon, and they are constantly, every year, improving, still, looks really fake.

Never played the Music Man bass, but would be surprised if it looks and feels even close to the original. Yeah, even the Chibanezes have the typical problem with putting the logo slightly displaced, or very much displaced, screws, hardware, well everything is wrong, and easy to spot, if you are familiar with the originals.

The problem is a lot of people are not familiar with the originals. You shouldn't have to be an expert at identifying a fake in order not to be ripped off.

Although the laws are in place (selling fake guitars is quite illegal in Thailand) nothing will be done about it. TIT

The problem is a lot of people are not familiar with the originals. You shouldn't have to be an expert at identifying a fake in order not to be ripped off.

Although the laws are in place (selling fake guitars is quite illegal in Thailand) nothing will be done about it. TIT

Yeah, that is of course a problem, where do you say these fakes are to be found? I would actually wanna check it out for myself, is it one of those music stores in the narrow alley close to Ratchatewi that sells mostly cheap copy stuff?

Not Music Society in CoCo Walk? Its all genuine in there and some wonderful guitars they have too.......including all the brands you mentioned.

Just for a laugh I grabbed some Music Man serial numbers off the guitars in there and verified them with Ernie Ball......ALL legit, sold new in TH through Music Concept and 2nd hand at Music Society.

Good guys and the owner must have deep pockets with all the guitars and amps he brings in. His new white Suhr Modern is STUNNING. Now his old standard is for sale.

I'm ok to point out shops selling obvious fakes but please name and shame as those guys don't deserve to be guilty by association or location.

Not Music Society in CoCo Walk? Its all genuine in there and some wonderful guitars they have too.......including all the brands you mentioned.

Just for a laugh I grabbed some Music Man serial numbers off the guitars in there and verified them with Ernie Ball......ALL legit, sold new in TH through Music Concept and 2nd hand at Music Society.

Good guys and the owner must have deep pockets with all the guitars and amps he brings in. His new white Suhr Modern is STUNNING. Now his old standard is for sale.

I'm ok to point out shops selling obvious fakes but please name and shame as those guys don't deserve to be guilty by association or location.

Even though I am not sure myself what shop Kilgore is actually referring too, I take for granted that it is not the shop you are talking about, it is pretty obvious that those are not fakes. So I think you can relax. They have a white Suhr there as well? I know they have one in the basement shop in Fortune, but did not know they had one at Ratchatewi as well.

Yeah, that is of course a problem, where do you say these fakes are to be found? I would actually wanna check it out for myself, is it one of those music stores in the narrow alley close to Ratchatewi that sells mostly cheap copy stuff?

Don't want to name and shame, but can tell you its in a little plaza next to bts with a heavy metal pub in front.

Even though I am not sure myself what shop Kilgore is actually referring too, I take for granted that it is not the shop you are talking about, it is pretty obvious that those are not fakes. So I think you can relax. They have a white Suhr there as well? I know they have one in the basement shop in Fortune, but did not know they had one at Ratchatewi as well.

Where is this shop? Have been to the one in fortune town; had some nice basses and guitars but looked in crappy condition with prices that should reflect axes in perfect condition (if used).

I have resigned to only buy new equipment here in los, the used market seems very dodgy to me.

Don't want to name and shame, but can tell you its in a little plaza next to bts with a heavy metal pub in front.

Yeah, that is the narrow alley I was referring to, I went there once, when I first came here a few years ago, never bothered to go there again.

Where is this shop? Have been to the one in fortune town; had some nice basses and guitars but looked in crappy condition with prices that should reflect axes in perfect condition (if used).

I have resigned to only buy new equipment here in los, the used market seems very dodgy to me.

The used market can be a bit on the expensiveside, having said that, the dodgy deals are in the dodgy shops, if you go tothe shops that sells real instruments, there should be no problem.

The shop he is referring to is located rightnext to the BTS. They indeed have second hand genuine instruments. Otherwise Iwould also recomment China Town, they have a few shops with alot of Fender,Gibson, Ibanez, LTD, and Shecter, to name a few, all genuine...

IN Central World, they have at least three shops that I know of that carries genuine brands, one of them specializing in high end instruments like Suhr, Vigier Tom Anderson, Frank Hartung etc, the rest is the usual Fender, Gibson, etc...