• Escape - 0% interest, 20% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Focus TDCi - 999,000 Baht with free insurance
  • Focus Sport+ - 849,000 with free insurance
  • Fiesta and Everest - free insurance

Mitsubishi:

• Lancer 1.6L - 0.99% interest, 25% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Spacewagon - 0.99% interest, 25% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Triton - 1.79% interest, 25% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Pajero Sport (diesel models) - 1.99% interest, 25% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Lancer EX - 1.99% interest, 25% down, 48 Months with free insurance

Nissan:

• Almera/March - 1.99% interest, 30% down, 48 Months, or
  • Almera/March - 29,999 down, with 2.99% interest over 48 Months
  • Teana - 1.99% interest, 20% down, 48 Months
  • X-Trail - 2.49% interest, 20% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Tiida - 1.99% interest, 25% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Tiida Latio - 1.99% interest, 20% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Navara Single Cab - Free insurance and tray liner
  • Navara King and Double Cab - 2.29% interest, 20% down, 48 Months with free insurance
  • Frontier - Free insurance and 5,000 Baht fuel voucher

Suzuki:

• Free insurance on all models
  • Swift - 0% interest, 25% down, 48 Months

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

KIA:

• Picanto - 10% down (interest/term not specified) with free insurance
  • Soul - 0% interest (down payment/term not specified)
  • Grand Carnival CEO - 0% interest (down payment/term not specified) with free insurance
  • Grand Carnival Touring - 1.99% (down payment/term not specified) with free insurance
  • All Models - 5yr/150,000KM warranty

Volvo:

• S80 2.5FT - repayments from 29,800/mth (down payment/term not specified)
  • S80 2.5FT - with sports pack worth 320,000 for 31,800/mth (down payment/term not specified)
  • S40 - 1,599,000 Baht
  • S40 - with sports pack worth 250,000 Baht, for a total price of 1,799,000 Baht
  • V50 Classic - 1,699,000 Baht
  • V50 Classic - limited series with 145,000 Baht fo extras for a total price of 1,799,000 Baht
  • V50 - (all models) Get a free iPad2 16GB Wifi
  • S80 2.5FT, S60 2.0L, C30 and XC90 - Get a free Apple Macbook Pro

Sorry KBB, no special offers or free Apple stuff for the S60 (T4) DRIVe..

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Hi MRO,

Thanks for info.

Do you happen to know if these deals are only available to those who go to the Motor Show, or will the same be offered at the respective dealerships?

As the floods have crippled attendances, and also the fact that Toyota and Honda are both not selling at this year's show, there doesn't seem to be the usual "show only" deals going on - practically every brand mentioned here so far has said they'll honor the deals until December 31st.

I'm holding back for the motor show in early March (?). Presumably that will have deals at least as good. (My reasons of course are not deals merely but specific cars and plans for sale of my current car.)

Well whatever your reasons, you'll almost certainly get better deals next March when all the new models are out, and Toyota/Honda are back in business, stirring up competition again..

KIA:

• Picanto - 10% down (interest/term not specified) with free insurance
  • Soul - 0% interest (down payment/term not specified)
  • Grand Carnival CEO - 0% interest (down payment/term not specified) with free insurance
  • Grand Carnival Touring - 1.99% (down payment/term not specified) with free insurance
  • All Models - 5yr/150,000KM warranty

Volvo:

• S80 2.5FT - repayments from 29,800/mth (down payment/term not specified)
  • S80 2.5FT - with sports pack worth 320,000 for 31,800/mth (down payment/term not specified)
  • S40 - 1,599,000 Baht
  • S40 - with sports pack worth 250,000 Baht, for a total price of 1,799,000 Baht
  • V50 Classic - 1,699,000 Baht
  • V50 Classic - limited series with 145,000 Baht fo extras for a total price of 1,799,000 Baht
  • V50 - (all models) Get a free iPad2 16GB Wifi
  • S80 2.5FT, S60 2.0L, C30 and XC90 - Get a free Apple Macbook Pro

Sorry KBB, no special offers or free Apple stuff for the S60 (T4) DRIVe..

thanks

which might make the S80 sports/polestar financially rather close to S60, and thats one sweet inline 5 E85 :)

Isuzu, mazda and ford top the charts by a long way. I would say most of these would be pickups, but there's no breakdown of the orders. Honda sold only four. Aren't toyota taking orders for vehicles at the show??

http://www.motorexpo...11/bestsell.php

for Honda this seems to indicate they are still not able to confirm imports at Thai prices. well government has allowed them , so they better get their act together

Aren't toyota taking orders for vehicles at the show??

No they're not. Hence why I was saying earlier that the March 2012 show will be better for deals ;)

for Honda this seems to indicate they are still not able to confirm imports at Thai prices. well government has allowed them , so they better get their act together

The only model Honda are taking bookings on is the Freed (which is imported from Indonesia).

For the rest of the range, there's still some gray areas - the Thai gov't ruling on their import duty exemption requires that the models imported be 'substantially similar' to the models with effected production. The problem is that Japanese export-spec Accords, Civics, CR-V's and City/Jazz are much higher in spec than Thai market versions, and there's no simple/fast way to adjust the production lines..

Honda Australia have started importing the above from Japan instead of Thailand now, but they're being sold as "Special Limited Editions" due to their higher than normal spec...

So it's all still up in the air - either Honda Japan modifies their production lines to produce lower-spec cars, or Honda TH plead for the exemption rules to be relaxed..

Aren't toyota taking orders for vehicles at the show??

No they're not. Hence why I was saying earlier that the March 2012 show will be better for deals ;)

The only model Honda are taking bookings on is the Freed (which is imported from Indonesia).

For the rest of the range, there's still some gray areas - the Thai gov't ruling on their import duty exemption requires that the models imported be 'substantially similar' to the models with effected production. The problem is that Japanese export-spec Accords, Civics, CR-V's and City/Jazz are much higher in spec than Thai market versions, and there's no simple/fast way to adjust the production lines..

Honda Australia have started importing the above from Japan instead of Thailand now, but they're being sold as "Special Limited Editions" due to their higher than normal spec...

So it's all still up in the air - either Honda Japan modifies their production lines to produce lower-spec cars, or Honda TH plead for the exemption rules to be relaxed..

was assuming so

and Honda TH is perhaps the only one to press City bodies

Went to the show today - people clambering all over the ranger 3.2 and all other models. Note to oneself - get in the show when the gates open. Lots of interest in the 3.2 even though the final price hasn't been announced - I was told 1.1 million.

Also entrance to the show is free now - probably explains the hordes of people.

I went to the motor show yesterday and bought the Nissan Navara 4x4. The free extras were Tray Liner, Reversing Senser, Tinting, and Side wind shields

The price of the other extras i asked for Sat Nav 20,000bht, Car alarm immobiliser 4,300,Floor Mats Rubber 1,490, Spare Tyre Lock 1,000bht,

To order in your wifes name you just need id card and 5000bht. If you want to put it in your name it is 30 percent down

mininium @ 2.29 percent , id (passport) and 5000bht. Delivery early Januarury. When I was looking at the other pick ups Isuzu and Nissan were packed with people making orders plenty were looking at the Ford but not so many ordering Mitsu and Toyota hardly anyone, but I was there early and only spent one and a half hours there.

Nissan Almera have free extra ?

I went to the motor show yesterday and bought the Nissan Navara 4x4. The free extras were Tray Liner, Reversing Senser, Tinting, and Side wind shields

The price of the other extras i asked for Sat Nav 20,000bht, Car alarm immobiliser 4,300,Floor Mats Rubber 1,490, Spare Tyre Lock 1,000bht,

To order in your wifes name you just need id card and 5000bht. If you want to put it in your name it is 30 percent down

mininium @ 2.29 percent , id (passport) and 5000bht. Delivery early Januarury. When I was looking at the other pick ups Isuzu and Nissan were packed with people making orders plenty were looking at the Ford but not so many ordering Mitsu and Toyota hardly anyone, but I was there early and only spent one and a half hours there.

Was only 5000 depoist for me (cash or credit card they said)

Was only 5000 depoist for me (cash or credit card they said)

It appears you guys are confusing things..

The "deposit" is just what you pay when you want to make an order - the "down payment" comes later when it's time to seal the deal on your financing.

There's no "zero downpayment" deals going on at Nissan...

If looking at the Ford Everest make sure free towing is included in the deal. I have seen 3 dead ones being towed in the last few days, no visible damage and only vehicle in the vicinity, and all on red plates :huh:

Used to like Ford, but have long since got over it with the quality of their products.

Cheers

You are correct MRO I didn't explain it well enough, had a call from the finance company yesterday and because my wife isn't working and we only wanted to put 30% down we were required to get a guarantor. We had to put 40% down for no guarantor they also want three months repayments up front we pay when the car arrives. Nissan also called and said we could have a white 4X4 straight away but have to wait until january for the black one

You are correct MRO I didn't explain it well enough, had a call from the finance company yesterday and because my wife isn't working and we only wanted to put 30% down we were required to get a guarantor. We had to put 40% down for no guarantor they also want three months repayments up front we pay when the car arrives. Nissan also called and said we could have a white 4X4 straight away but have to wait until january for the black one

A finance company once told me, that they are looking for at least 4-6 Months of deposits into a Bank Account of at least Double the amount of Monthly Payments for the Car. if they would accept 25% down payment without a guarantor (Maybe they only do this, when you don't have a credit rating, or are unknown to the Finance Company)

Example if you wanna pay 15k a month for a car, they are looking for, that at least a amount of 30k is being deposit in your Bank on a Monthly basis.

Edited by MJCM

A finance company once told me, that they are looking for at least 4-6 Months of deposits into a Bank Account of at least Double the amount of Monthly Payments for the Car. if they would accept 25% down payment without a guarantor (Maybe they only do this, when you don't have a credit rating, or are unknown to the Finance Company)

Example if you wanna pay 15k a month for a car, they are looking for, that at least a amount of 30k is being deposit in your Bank on a Monthly basis.

All correct info :D

Further to this though, most finance companies actually want to see monthly deposits of 3x to 4x the repayments (i.e. they will finance from 25% to 33% of your income) - with repayments at 50% or more of your monthly income, it's going to get quite difficult to find a financier.

As for down payments and guarantors - this is really only a problem for your first finance (or worst, second) in TH.

Once you have a good repayment record, and at least 12 months of repayment history (i.e. not just paid out in 3 months) with 10/10 scores (i.e. not late), your next finance won't need a guarantor and your down payment requirements will start falling. After you've paid out a few finance deals with a clean record, just 10% down and without a guarantor can be acheived, and you'll also find it much easier to negotiate more competitive interest rates - in fact you'll eventually have finance companies calling you routinely to offer you more of their money and special rates ;)

All correct info :D

Further to this though, most finance companies actually want to see monthly deposits of 3x to 4x the repayments (i.e. they will finance from 25% to 33% of your income) - with repayments at 50% or more of your monthly income, it's going to get quite difficult to find a financier.

As for down payments and guarantors - this is really only a problem for your first finance (or worst, second) in TH.

Once you have a good repayment record, and at least 12 months of repayment history (i.e. not just paid out in 3 months) with 10/10 scores (i.e. not late), your next finance won't need a guarantor and your down payment requirements will start falling. After you've paid out a few finance deals with a clean record, just 10% down and without a guarantor can be acheived, and you'll also find it much easier to negotiate more competitive interest rates - in fact you'll eventually have finance companies calling you routinely to offer you more of their money and special rates ;)

yep, they want past 6 months bank statement, and will recomend/require longer terms (lower monthly payments, more total interest) if you dont have 4x repayments monthly cash flow

and 10% down without guarantor is granted for this farang without WP or married to Thai

another way to increase chance of getting financed is to issue checks for each of the 12 first payments, making you a criminal if checks are not covered

MRO,

I understand the marketing on these deals for the motor show only but can they really on the 13th of December offer the same product without the added bonuses?

Is it really necessary for the same question to be asked a third time? Anyway, this was MRO's answer to it last week. I assume today the answer is the same.

As the floods have crippled attendances, and also the fact that Toyota and Honda are both not selling at this year's show, there doesn't seem to be the usual "show only" deals going on - practically every brand mentioned here so far has said they'll honor the deals until December 31st.

MRO,

I understand the marketing on these deals for the motor show only but can they really on the 13th of December offer the same product without the added bonuses?

Is it really necessary for the same question to be asked a third time? Anyway, this was MRO's answer to it last week. I assume today the answer is the same.

Sorry, I never noticed that before and I have been following the thread.jap.gif

I should have been more specific. Ford says that their 1 years free insurance is only valid till the 12th of December on the Ranger, would you think that they'd drop it on the 13th?

Edited by stefan2519

I should have been more specific. Ford says that their 1 years free insurance is only valid till the 12th of December on the Ranger, would you think that they'd drop it on the 13th?

I guess you must be talking about the out-going Ranger. When i went into a Ford showroom a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about a cash discount of about 75k baht on the Ranger - that is how desperate they were to shift remaining stock. I assume the free insurance deal applies likewise to an old Ranger. I don't think you'll squeeze anything more than fluffy dice out of a deal on a new Ranger, such is the keen interest.

But to answer your question, i don't know, but if you are talking about the old model, my guess would be as long as there is stock to shift, you'll be able to drive as hard a bargain as you have the energy for.

I guess you must be talking about the out-going Ranger. When i went into a Ford showroom a couple of weeks ago, they were talking about a cash discount of about 75k baht on the Ranger - that is how desperate they were to shift remaining stock. I assume the free insurance deal applies likewise to an old Ranger. I don't think you'll squeeze anything more than fluffy dice out of a deal on a new Ranger, such is the keen interest.

But to answer your question, i don't know, but if you are talking about the old model, my guess would be as long as there is stock to shift, you'll be able to drive as hard a bargain as you have the energy for.

Maybe he was talking about the outgoing model, maybe he wasn't..

But the new T6 Ranger is most definitely being advertised by Ford TH as coming with free 1st class insurance in their Motor Expo related literature.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis