Construction Costs

cdmtdm

Hey Guys , anyone have a roughy on construction costs per sq m , for single storey house located close to Pakart ? just crunching numbers .... standard finish nothing too glitzy something that fits in with the local village .... but must have doors lol ...

Excluding land, you can get a relatively nice house built for about 12,000 baht per square meter.

Now we will have some posters calling that price way too high but keep in mind that material prices have gone way up in the past couple of years.

Thanks Gary , yes it does also get back to the type of finish you want ,which in my opinion eats up a lot of money ... i guess i should have posted as to the cost per sq m approx to get to lockup stage , ie..roof on , windows doors in ready for finishing trades ...

Excluding land, you can get a relatively nice house built for about 12,000 baht per square meter.

Now we will have some posters calling that price way too high but keep in mind that material prices have gone way up in the past couple of years.

Thanks Gary , yes it does also get back to the type of finish you want ,which in my opinion eats up a lot of money ... i guess i should have posted as to the cost per sq m approx to get to lockup stage , ie..roof on , windows doors in ready for finishing trades ...

Gary, IMHO, you are doing well these days if you can get a house built for a total cost of 12k per s/m, with the cost of steel and wood more like 15k.

Flooring costs, do you want wood floor, thats about 2k per s/m, granite floor 1k per s/m or tiled floor 500 baht.

Doors and windows, Upvc is about treble the cost of wood.

Roof tiles, ceramic? Purlins, steel or aluminium?

Finishing trades, that would be plasters and painters, probably the cheapest of the lot, after the plumbers and electricians have finished.

OP should head over to the DIY forum, there are many threads about this.

finishing trades ...kitchen cabinets and appliances, floor and wall tiles , tapware , light fittings ..... just trying to get a ball park per sqm you say 15 k thats getting close to Phuket rates ... i guess a pointless exercise given the variables ... thanks anyway ....

Gary, IMHO, you are doing well these days if you can get a house built for a total cost of 12k per s/m, with the cost of steel and wood more like 15k.

Flooring costs, do you want wood floor, thats about 2k per s/m, granite floor 1k per s/m or tiled floor 500 baht.

Doors and windows, Upvc is about treble the cost of wood.

Roof tiles, ceramic? Purlins, steel or aluminium?

Finishing trades, that would be plasters and painters, probably the cheapest of the lot, after the plumbers and electricians have finished.

OP should head over to the DIY forum, there are many threads about this.

If your happy enough for something to fit into a village and not stand out, then 12-15k m2 is about right..

Anything a bit more, let's say western styyle will cost you more..

For example smart blocks or ku-cons have just gone up 7-8 baht per block...excuse being the floods?

Edited by commachio

For 12,000 baht per square meter, you are getting suitable roof tiles, doors and windows. The floors will be ceramic tiles and there will be only standard sinks and toilets. Property walls and gates are not included.

It will be the extras that drive the price up. PVC windows, insulating blocks, cabinets, high grade sinks and fixtures are extra.

For 12,000 baht per square meter, you are getting suitable roof tiles, doors and windows. The floors will be ceramic tiles and there will be only standard sinks and toilets. Property walls and gates are not included.

It will be the extras that drive the price up. PVC windows, insulating blocks, cabinets, high grade sinks and fixtures are extra.

yep my thinking too , thanks gary