Motorbike Respray

HansBlinkers

Hans,

You must be the cheapest Dutch Charlie in Chiang Mai.

99 % of the topics that you start are about cheap, cheaper , cheapest.

1.500 baht is cheap already you understand?

To the rest of the world, the Dutch are in general not cheap, they are rather generous.

I'm not Dutch but I feel sorry for your fellow Dutch country men on this forum.

Hmm..actually guys, just tagging onto this thread (hope you dont mind Hans), but my bike needs some patching up as has some scraping on the edge. Is it possible to have this patched rather than a whole respray? (not being a cheap charlie, its just that its such a small area!)

'Where could I get my motorbike resprayed? Mr mechanic said they could get it done for me for 1500bath so I presume I could get it done for half the price if I could go straight to the man."

disassemble

clean

sand

spray primer

resand

spray two coats

reassemble

750 baht, sure, right, good thinking

Actually, buy two spray cans and shoot it yourself, you really do not need to disassemble or prep.

Edited by Dante99

'Where could I get my motorbike resprayed? Mr mechanic said they could get it done for me for 1500bath so I presume I could get it done for half the price if I could go straight to the man."

disassemble

clean

sand

spray primer

resand

spray two coats

reassemble

750 baht, sure, right, good thinking

Actually, buy two spray cans and shoot it yourself, you really do not need to disassemble or prep.

...but can of spray paint can cost 150-350 BHT ...you will need more than two...:whistling:...I've had my Wave(small motorbike)repaint for 2000 BHT...I took parts of,about 15 of them and deliver to the painter,he painted,I reassemble...looks like new !!!:D...I guess,I overpaid...:(...well,it was two-color job...:P

Edited by funcat

Hans,

You must be the cheapest Dutch Charlie in Chiang Mai.

99 % of the topics that you start are about cheap, cheaper , cheapest.

1.500 baht is cheap already you understand?

To the rest of the world, the Dutch are in general not cheap, they are rather generous.

I'm not Dutch but I feel sorry for your fellow Dutch country men on this forum.

Hmmm 1st of all I'm not Dutch and I never claimed to be. You shouldn't make assumptions.

"99% of the topics you start are cheap, cheaper, cheapest" Is that right?

2nd You're under the impression that I think 1500baht is expensive, It's not.

My point being is that the price was given to me via a middle man, I just want to cut out the middle man as that's the way I do all my business dealings. In the future if I need more work done, why sould I go through middle man all the time?

''1500bath so I presume I could get it done for half the price if I could go straight to the man.

2nd You're under the impression that I think 1500baht is expensive, It's not.

So you presume that you could get it done for 750 but do not find 1500 expensive?????

1500 baht is a fair price for work where it depends on the talent of the person doing it...you really don't want to skimp on price.

For 1500 baht it must not be a sport bike, or else its 3500 up, much more surface area involved. Tank and two fenders is nothing.

Holding a spray can isn't as simple as some people think.

1500 baht is a fair price for work where it depends on the talent of the person doing it...you really don't want to skimp on price.

For 1500 baht it must not be a sport bike, or else its 3500 up, much more surface area involved. Tank and two fenders is nothing.

Holding a spray can isn't as simple as some people think.

...spraying paint is fun....just all the prep work,mixing and cleaning is annoying...:D