Tesco Rip Off

For those unaware. It is Tesco policy to only guarantee any electrical product for seven days from purchase.

My UPS box went U/S after 9 days and they were not even interested in sending it back to the manufacturers.

They stated that it is my responsibility to send it back and as it had a manufacturer guarantee

that was an end to the matter as far as they were concerned.

I asked if large appliances such as TV's, washing machines etc were similarly affected and they confirmed it was.

The costs associated with packing and sending would be astronomical.

It seems that there are no trading standards here. It is a shabby way of conducting business, particularly

by a well known International company such as Tesco's.

I had the same problem in Tesco krabi with a dvd player I simply ask to speak with the manager once the manager saw it was a farang he simply sent customer service girl back over to me and she said if we pay 69 bht to cover sending the DVD player back we could take new one there and then guess that's easier than the manager having to get into a big debate with farang.........lol

i think it is all about who you speak to in the store, i have had times when i have bought meat, gone home to find out it is off, took it back and they where not interested !, and then other times where someone has priced something wrong, i have gone to buy, and managed to get it for the price they advertised ( after managing to speak with the manager )

"It is Tesco policy to only guarantee any electrical product for seven days from purchase."

Actually it's a seven day refund or exchange policy, standard in many of the larger shops, not just here but in western stores too...

It's the manufacturer that provides the guarantee not the store.

I purchased a food blender, after 3 weeks it broke. I was told I would have to send it back and wait.

I sent the wife in and bought exactly the same unit the following day.

later the same day after swapping food blenders wifey took it back and complained.... now I have 2 that work

"It is Tesco policy to only guarantee any electrical product for seven days from purchase."

Actually it's a seven day refund or exchange policy, standard in many of the larger shops, not just here but in western stores too...

It's the manufacturer that provides the guarantee not the store.

In the UK your contract is with the store. They are required by law to provide the guarantee. You have no contract with the manufacturer as you did not enter into a deal with them.

I purchased a food blender, after 3 weeks it broke. I was told I would have to send it back and wait.

I sent the wife in and bought exactly the same unit the following day.

later the same day after swapping food blenders wifey took it back and complained.... now I have 2 that work

lol :lol:

I remember that a few years back Tesco was very good with this. The desk where you come in (where they keep the bags n rucksacks) had a returns staffer on it and it was simply a question of going back with your receipt and getting a refund or exchange.

I'm not sure if this was true about electricals but I once changed a pair of shoes there with no probs ...

Seems like a plan (as already hinted!) to go and buy another identical item if the first one's faulty . . .

R

I remember that a few years back Tesco was very good with this. The desk where you come in (where they keep the bags n rucksacks) had a returns staffer on it and it was simply a question of going back with your receipt and getting a refund or exchange.

I'm not sure if this was true about electricals but I once changed a pair of shoes there with no probs ...

Seems like a plan (as already hinted!) to go and buy another identical item if the first one's faulty . . .

R

Hi Robsamui, great if you were the lucky one who had a freash ink pad in the till roll, they mostly come out too faded to read. I see Tesco Chaweng are now using the other style of printers that don't appear to fade, Lamai next??

Edited by costalot

I have had the same problems a couple of times in Tesco. They are totally unwilling to help. They tell me thats my problem to send it back to the factory.

I will newer by electrick items in Tesco. One year ago I bougth a L.G televisjon in Homepro. And before the quaranti ran out, the TV was not able to receive the input on cable -tv. So I contacted Homepro and they send a team from LG in Mae Nam, they took the TV to repair it and after one week they brought it back to my house. Free og charge, good service.laugh.gif

You should call the manufacture and tell them your story.

casue if the manufacture is not happy with tescos then they may have more power to push them to do their job.

Tescos as a corperation would capitalise the world if they had the chance.

You should call the manufacture and tell them your story.

casue if the manufacture is not happy with tescos then they may have more power to push them to do their job.

Tescos as a corperation would capitalise the world if they had the chance.

suppliers go on bended needs to tesco even get in front of a buyer let alone give them hassle, they are doing there job, its always been clear and they tell you, you can test in the shop to make sure it works, if possible, then its one week warranty then its over to the manufacturer. they dont hide the fact and quite happily state it.

a manufacturer has not one bit of power with tesco, they are even told ok we are doing a buy one get one free on your product and your paying for it.

So compared with the stores in first world countries TESCO give a crap service.

As pointed out in a previous post my contract was with the store I brought the goods from not from the manufacturer.

It would be a nightmare if you were the owner of a large appliance which went u/s after 7 days and had to make all the arrangements for shipping it back to the manufacturer.

As per my original post....TESCO's is a rip off!

So compared with the stores in first world countries TESCO give a crap service.

As pointed out in a previous post my contract was with the store I brought the goods from not from the manufacturer.

It would be a nightmare if you were the owner of a large appliance which went u/s after 7 days and had to make all the arrangements for shipping it back to the manufacturer.

As per my original post....TESCO's is a rip off!

Fully agree; Tesco for all which is electronics, is 0 service. Both Chaweng as Lamai shops dont know how to spell "after sales service".....famous thai smile and non understanding eye look when trying to get our watercooler fixed for the 3rd time in 2 weeks after purchase...solly, 7 days gone...

Edited by MartinChaweng