Nothing On The News

Kringle

Just heard today about a kid that was cut and beaten to death In Bang Bua Thong last night at about 8PM in the market area. All I got was that the kid was wearing his school uniform and about 20 other kids from another school attacked him with long knives and big bat like objects. Police arrive on the scene and none of the attackers were arrested. Was told people were telling the police who they were and what happened but the police did nothing. What the frick is this about? Spoke to the misses and she hasn't heard anything on the news.

I was told today why the people didn't do anything to stop this and it's really kinda scary. They are not really scared of the kids themselves at the time, it's after this that the people are scared. They are afraid that some kind of retribution might happen by these kids or their families. Can understand this to a degree because TIT. Same might be the case in some really bad area of the US or any other country.

The thing that freaks me out the most is the police did NOTHING, even with people pointing out the boys. I still haven't heard anything from the news on this. CRAZY

Just heard today about a kid that was cut and beaten to death In Bang Bua Thong last night at about 8PM in the market area. All I got was that the kid was wearing his school uniform and about 20 other kids from another school attacked him with long knives and big bat like objects. Police arrive on the scene and none of the attackers were arrested. Was told people were telling the police who they were and what happened but the police did nothing. What the frick is this about? Spoke to the misses and she hasn't heard anything on the news.

Do you have a source for this story?

redrus

The only source I have is a Thai guy (speaks English) I know that has a shop down the road from me in Bang Bua Thong. This is why I posted here, to see if anyone else knew anything. He told me that people are afraid to say anything and that the police didn't do anything. It was supposed to have happened at the market right in the middle of town and that there is a police mini office right close to where it happened. Scares me when people don't want to get involved even after the fact. Makes you wonder why they even call them POLICE when they do nothing also.

The only source I have is a Thai guy (speaks English) I know that has a shop down the road from me in Bang Bua Thong. This is why I posted here, to see if anyone else knew anything. He told me that people are afraid to say anything and that the police didn't do anything. It was supposed to have happened at the market right in the middle of town and that there is a police mini office right close to where it happened. Scares me when people don't want to get involved even after the fact. Makes you wonder why they even call them POLICE when they do nothing also.

A Thai guy who speaks English who heard it where? Lets not make a one person rummer a fact too fast. News such as this is indeed reported and the fact that this has not been I suspect says it is less then the story you heard. Trouble between schools is common so the base line has a ring of truth. But from there is becomes doubtful and to start pointing fingers with the information we have I would say is more like mob action than reason.

How old was the kid?

Maybe it was College gang fighting/killing which happens a lot.

Ever been on a bus when it's taken over by 50 x 16 year olds in the mood for blood? Happened to me a couple of times in Bangkok - very scary.

It is easy to say, "why didn't anyone do anything about it?"

What would I do if there were 20 kids with knives beating another schoolkid up? I'm not sure - I'd like to think that I might jump in, but in reality I probably would be too scared. There is usually one with a gun.

IMO, vocational school students should not have to wear uniforms.

I blame the police, they are lazy up there in Nontaburi.

Life is cheap, remember, in Thailand.

Not worth risking your life for justice of someone you don't know??

Chances are that the ring-leader of the gang is the son of a policeman.

When he grows up a bit he will be in night-clubs doing exactly the same thing(remember Chalerm son? what do you think he was doing at school and was he ever arrested?).

Edited by Neeranam

A Thai guy who speaks English who heard it where? Lets not make a one person rummer a fact too fast. News such as this is indeed reported and the fact that this has not been I suspect says it is less then the story you heard. Trouble between schools is common so the base line has a ring of truth. But from there is becomes doubtful and to start pointing fingers with the information we have I would say is more like mob action than reason.

Lopburi3, I can understand what you're saying and I will get as much info as I can without putting myself or my family into any problems and then post agaqin if I can get anything for someone to check into.