Firefox Configuration - Here's Mine, What's Yours?

RDN

I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about the version of Firefox that people are using and which extensions they have installed.

I am using Firefox 1.5rc3 which you can get from here: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/

The extensions I have installed are:

Adblock 0.5.2.039

Allow Right-Click 0.3

BugMeNot 0.8

Compact Menu 1.7.2

ConQuery 1.6

CustomizeGoogle 0.38

CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 0.9.9.50

Download Manager Tweak 0.7.1

Extended Statusbar 1.2.2

Fasterfox 0.7.9

FlashGot 0.5.9.98

FoxClocks 1.2.5

Gmail Notifier 0.5.3

IE View 1.2.7

Image Zoom 0.2.1

Linky 2.7.0

ListZilla 0.7

Menu Editor 1.2

Mouse Gestures 1.0.4

Mozilla SpellCheck Libraries 1.0.1.0

NoScript 1.1.3.4

Ook 0.3.3.2

ReminderFox 0.5.8.3

Resize Search Box 0.0.6

Right Encoding 0.2.1

Search Button 0.4.10

SearchWP 0.5.4

Slim Extension List 0.3.1

SpellBound 0.7.3

Split Screen 1.0

Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2

Tabbrowser Extensions 2.0.2005111702

Text Link 1.3.2005070402

Word Count 0.3

The attached html file contains an identical list, but each entry is a link to the site where you can get it. The html file was produced by the "Listzilla" extension.

The only extension that I would caution you about is "Tabbrowser Extensions". Even the developer's web page repeats warnings that it is not recommended by the Mozilla Foundation. However, I have found no problems with this version and the extension is so useful that I can't do without it.

The way I install all of my extensions is to download the .xpi file to a folder on my PC and then drag it onto a shortcut to Firefox on my desktop while Firefox is not running. This causes Firefox to run and a software installation window to appear. Click on "Install Now" and an "Extensions" window appears showing the new extension is ready to be installed. Close the "Extensions" window and the Firefox main window and restart Firefox. The new extension will then be installed and working. Close Firefox again so that you can install the next extension.

//Edit: Deleted "Colorful Tabs from the list of extensions - that job is done by Tabbrowser Extensions.

ExtensionsList3.html

Edited by RDN

I am using FF rc3 which I find much faster than previous versions and well worth a try.

I only use a few extensions

Flashgot

Gmail Notifier

Allow right Click

Tab Mix Plus

I found Adblock gave me too many problems so I now use Admuncher, which works well and also has the option to scramble your IP if you want to be anomynous