Original Thai Birth Certificate

I'm a 47 year old American currently trying to bring my Thai Wife to the US. My wife's interview is in January 2012. We previously went to the local Amphur in her City of birth and requested her Original Birth Certificate. What we got was a copy of my wife's BC with a blue stamp. Didn't look anything like what I thought a Birth Certificate would like like and no seal. My wife explained this was not what we asked for, but they said that was all they coud give her. So we submitted what we got to the NVC and even though we got an Interview date, the NVC is requesting my wife bring the Original Birth Certificate to her Interview. Has anyone else experienced this and what might I do to get my wife's Original BC. If the local Amphur in her city of birth won't give it to her, where do we go? I'm sure we can't be the first to have to go through this. Open to any and all suggestions as we have a little over 1 month to produce this document. Thanks in advance for your help. My apologies if this is covered in another section. I searched around this site, but didn't find it previously covered.

For a CR-1 interview at the embassy?

My wife had BCs for her children from local amphur near Bangkok. Laminated, color certificates that were laminated. Looked very official. Hers was a poorly photocopied BC with a blue stamp from Sisaket. No problem with K-3 interview in Bangkok, green card interview in USA, and citizenship interview in USA (she has her oath ceremony next friday - becomes a USC then!).