Ups Battery Question

jaideeguy

In your case.. why not look for a high quality generator? A small 1000 watt generator will keep a few lights and your computer stuff going as long as you have fuel. I stress "high quality" because generators vary in clean/dirty output quite a bit. So before plugging your UPS into a generator make sure it's a quality generator.

The rotating magnetic fields in a generator will produce a clean sine wave, the loads are what add the "dirty" output power.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A single phase supply or three phase?

The latter I guess.

2. I wonder what your electric bill is each month? :whistling:

3. All the same, with all that equipment in your house

you will be creating your own dirt on the supply.

1. 3-phase 3x45A supply of course

2. THB 8,000-14,000 / month, average 11,500 (all time high was 15,790 apr/may 2010)

3. any feasible solution?

1. A single phase supply or three phase?

The latter I guess.

2. I wonder what your electric bill is each month? :whistling:

3. All the same, with all that equipment in your house

you will be creating your own dirt on the supply.

1. 3-phase 3x45A supply of course

2. THB 8,000-14,000 / month, average 11,500 (all time high was 15,790 apr/may 2010)

3. any feasible solution?

An AVR/AVS (Automatic Voltage Regulator/Automatic Voltage Supply) would do it. It keeps the AC voltage constant and clean through the use of regulated staturable core transformers and other technologies. Here is one supplying regulated AC to our Linac (linear electron beam accelerator) rated around 40kVA. This used to be for a hospital radiation treatment system and as such has to be extremely stable. It does weigh about a ton though. :D There are of course more suitable ones for home use.

post-566-0-99392400-1324256438_thumb.jpg

It does weigh about a ton though. :D There are of course more suitable ones for home use.

i have strong doubts whether the price would be "suitable" too. my name is Naam... not Walid bin-Talal bin-Abdulaziz al-Saud. :ermm:

It does weigh about a ton though. :D There are of course more suitable ones for home use.

i have strong doubts whether the price would be "suitable" too. my name is Naam... not Walid bin-Talal bin-Abdulaziz al-Saud. :ermm:

As I mentioned, they come in many different capacities and as such prices. In case you are curious you can check here at some types. From 1.5kVA to 12.5 kVA. Believe APC and Tripp Lite also make the smaller VA rated units that could be used for critical devices.

Of course it is just a suggested option for all to consider.