Need Detail Info On Getting A New Tourist Visa From Laos Or Cambodia

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to help a relative who is from the Philippines and only has one single entry tourist visa from the Thai Embassy in the Philippines in their passport. They are not working in Thailand and are living with us.

I have no idea about going to either Laos or Cambodia but we live in Chiang Mai province. We want to try and get them a double entry tourist visa soon.

Does anyone have any information for a Filipino being able to get a double entry tourist visa from either Laos or Cambodia ?

And could you please help us and explain how in detail to do this like:

What bus to take from Chiang Mai to where ever to get to either country and then what to do once they are at the land border of the other country?

What documents they need for the visa?

What cost should we except?

Are there any tour companies in Chiang Mai that will take them to either Laos or Cambodia and on to the Embassy to get a double entry tourist visa?

If there is can you recommend a company that you have personally used in the past year.

Thank you so much for your time and help!

There is one person who is particular adept at getting this situation resolved if you want his name I can give you it I am not sure he likes his name posted on TV but pretty much everyone seems to have used his service one time or another. He leaves from On Nut on Sunday and Wed. Its a long ass ride to Laos but he gets things done. PM me if you want the name and number.

...The ride is long but the company is solid.

The ride is even longer because he is staying in Chiang Mai and will have to travel to Bangkok to take the visa run bus that has been mentioned? Is there any service starting from Chiang Mai?

...The ride is long but the company is solid.

The ride is even longer because he is staying in Chiang Mai and will have to travel to Bangkok to take the visa run bus that has been mentioned? Is there any service starting from Chiang Mai?

Well, he could contact the company in Bangkok and ask if the person seeking a Thai visa could just join the group at Nong Khai for the Lao portion of the trip, at a somewhat, but probably not a lot, reduced cost.

There's Thai tour buses back and forth, C. Mai-Udorn, and there's now again an airline that serves that route a couple or three days a week.

Mac

Check out AyA travel on Rodfai road near the train station. The only company that I know that offers a mini bus service INTO Laos, to the Thai embassy itself. They will wait for you the night and pick you back up from the embassy the next day. 1600bht round trip last I checked. Although I've never done it, it sounds a long ass trip in a mini bus! But perhaps less of a ballache going via BKK / Udon Thani.