Abhisit Opposes Transfer Of Red-Shirt Prisoners To Separate Facility

webfact

Phiphidon owning a lot of people on this thread with those snippets from the TRCT.

They have enough to explain as to why the Red Shirt Leaders have an indoor running track, while their disposable minions doing their dirty work are confined in places like the Pathum Thani prison.

Leaders are always treated differently to the foot-soldiers, surely you know this.

The yellow shirt leaders were untouchable, and some even got positions in the government, even having participated in and condoned terrorist action. (and yes, taking an airport forcibly was a terrorist action).

You conveniently forgot to answer my question about which yellow shirt leaders have been arrested and imprisoned.

For all your bleating about double standards you are nothing but a hypocrite; attacking one side while refusing to condemn the other.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have enough to explain as to why the Red Shirt Leaders have an indoor running track, while their disposable minions doing their dirty work are confined in places like the Pathum Thani prison.

Leaders are always treated differently to the foot-soldiers, surely you know this.

I'm sure that's lost on the malleable ones that thought they were fighting for a single standard as they now wile away their time in 30-man cells.

Edited by Buchholz

You conveniently forgot to answer my question about which yellow shirt leaders have been arrested and imprisoned.

I answered already.

For all your bleating about double standards you are nothing but a hypocrite

That's good that you picked up on my sarcastic references mocking the Red Shirts. It shows you understand they are hypocrites.

Just throw all the colours party leaders into one cells and let them have a live Muay Thai session to sort it out.:fight:

That will be their best contribution to the Thai society for a real entertainment value :lol:

For all they care are power and money, leaving so many public community unbuild and deteriorating. :angry:

Sometimes, leaders are treated - as indeed they should be - more harshly than the foot-soldiers. I would personally support that, regardless of what group they are from. I assume you would too? It's hard to tell as i have yet to read any opposition from you regarding red shirt leaders getting preferential treatment over their own foot-soldiers.

The yellow shirt leaders were untouchable, and some even got positions in the government,

Kasit is the obvious one that i know of, and i did at the time, and still do, condemn that decision for him to be appointed FM. Who are the other yellow leaders to which you refer?

even having participated in and condoned terrorist action. (and yes, taking an airport forcibly was a terrorist action).

Terming that a terrorist action would effectively make any large gathering in a public place that caused disruption, such as the closing off of a road, the act of terrorists. The airport protest was a most stupid thing to do, and those responsible should be prosecuted - and i might add, prosecuted as any other criminal would be, not prosecuted softly because of some supposed political motivation - but to be frank, anyone arguing they be prosecuted as terrorists is only making themselves look daft. And of course, these people often make themselves look even dafter, by in the next breath, arguing that the red shirt riots of 2009 and 2010 were not terrorist acts. I give you a little more credit than to have ever argued that one yourself.

I'm not aware of any that have, nor am i aware of campaigning for them not to be, should they be found guilty. I don't, for that matter, recall Buchholz campaigning either. Your problem seems to be you interpret any call for the reds to face up to any crimes they may have committed, as a call for the yellows to get off scot free. The trick is to read what is written, not what you imagine in your head.

Phiphidon owning a lot of people on this thread with those snippets from the TRCT.

The yellow shirt leaders were untouchable, and some even got positions in the government, even having participated in and condoned terrorist action. (and yes, taking an airport forcibly was a terrorist action).

For all your bleating about double standards you are nothing but a hypocrite; attacking one side while refusing to condemn the other.

Leaders are always treated better .................Tell that to Goering, Mussolini, Tojo, Ceaucescu, Hussein, Gaddafi........................

You might notice in your last quote that it referred to "demonstrators" and it clearly refutes amnesty for those involved in violence. Why then do you extrapolate the leniency for those who broke the law by simply being there to those preaching and carrying out violent acts which lead to "grave losses of life and property"?

You highlight the section which suits yourself, but ignore the section which advocates prosecution of red terrorists. I doubt in the whole document is there any reference to holiday camp prisons for one side of the political divide as a means to achieving reconciliation.

How do you equate an amnesty (which as you say has been ruled by the TRCT as an appropriate way on for reconciliation) with extrapolation of degrees of criminality - the TRCT are clearly stating that all the crimes committed have been influenced by the political situation. (Edit: though I think those accused of arson are omitted - in the second report)

What "Red Terrorists"?

Reds to face lesser charges

The Nation September 29, 2011 12:00 am

The Justice Ministry is preparing to follow the advice of the reconciliation committee, which includes changing the "terrorism" charges against red shirts to "criminal association".

The ministry has ordered all related agencies to be ready to follow the proposals of the Truth for Reconciliation Commission, which includes changing terrorism charges against the red shirts to "Ang Yi" or criminal association.

http://www.nationmul...s-30166395.html

I think you're right about the holiday camps though - I can't recall reading anything about them in the reports.

Edited by phiphidon

Meanwhile, the minions were back demonstrating their penchant for fire in Bangkok yesterday

view_resizing_imagesphp-4.jpg

Khaosod newspaper

http://www.khaosod.c...HhNaTB4TVE9PQ==

Hi, Buchholz can you tell me what the caption under the photo in the paper says, I don't read Thai and I'd like to know what context to put the picture into, unless it's just a random picture of redshirts and a bonfire you found.

Oh, and it may prove that it is even relevant to the OP................

Edited by phiphidon

Will the jailed PAD members also be transferred? :rolleyes:

Hahahaaha, when Hell freezes over!!!!

Agreed. We couldn't let a single, instead of double, standard by the Red Shirts to occur.

They have enough to explain as to why the Red Shirt Leaders have an indoor running track, while their disposable minions doing their dirty work are confined in places like this:

554000016639601.jpg

Now, now Mr. Bucholz.... Should I mention that you DID NOT MENTION the Yellow shirt detainees.... oh!!! Wait a minute.... there are none!!!! Shucks! Thought I had something there.

Now, now Mr. Bucholz.... Should I mention that you DID NOT MENTION the Yellow shirt detainees.... oh!!! Wait a minute.... there are none!!!! Shucks! Thought I had something there.

But there are yellow shirt "detainees".

At least 84 of them that I, and anyone with a google search engine on their computer, know of.

Meanwhile, the minions were back demonstrating their penchant for fire in Bangkok yesterday

Khaosod newspaper

Hi, Buchholz can you tell me what the caption under the photo in the paper says, I don't read Thai and I'd like to know what context to put the picture into, unless it's just a random picture of redshirts and a bonfire you found.

You don't know anyone around you that speaks Thai? :huh:

That must be quite difficult for you in Thailand.

They're squawking about the Constitution again, after nearly 5 years. :rolleyes:

Their current fascination with starting fires in Bangkok is to burn the current one and reinstate the 1997 one. Perhaps they could consider protesting against the preferential treatment provided to Red Shirt Leaders being transferred to a separate facility.

Khaosod newspaper

They're squawking about the Constitution again, after nearly 5 years. :rolleyes:

Their current fascination with starting fires in Bangkok is to burn the current one and reinstate the 1997 one. Perhaps they could consider protesting against the preferential treatment provided to Red Shirt Leaders being transferred to a separate facility.

Interestingly, according to a very recent ABAC poll, a slight majority of 52.4 per cent of people polled agree to a call for the 1997 constitution to be reinstated.

Will be nice for you here when the sqawking minions rule the roost...........

Khaosod newspaper

Interestingly, according to a very recent ABAC poll, a slight majority of 52.4 per cent of people polled agree to a call for the 1997 constitution to be reinstated.

Just a side bet between you and me. Do you think 52.4 % of the people could name even one article of the 1997 Constitution? Or the more recent one?

Khaosod newspaper

Just a side bet between you and me. Do you think 52.4 % of the people could name even one article of the 1997 Constitution? Or the more recent one?

I was just going to ask similar. What would be nice for me is if the could elucidate specifically which articles of 2007 they object to and the differences between the 2 constitutions, because, frankly, there's precious little.

Khaosod newspaper

I was just going to ask similar. What would be nice for me is if the could elucidate specifically which articles of 2007 they object to and the differences between the 2 constitutions, because, frankly, there's precious little.

Yeah, you're right, it's a pity these Thai peasants cannot even read their own language.......

Like to know how many Americans are " au fait " with their constitution.

Yeah, you're right, it's a pity these Thai peasants cannot even read their own language.......

Why would decide to use derisive language to describe Thais?

Going back to the polls you like, according to the poll then, most Thais had not read the 2007 Constitution that was distributed nation-wide, and it was not because they were illiterate.

Returning to my point, I think it's a legitimate question to ask of these protesters what their specific gripe is.

Edited by Buchholz

Like to know how many Americans are " au fait " with their constitution.

Actually, the reason so many Americans are angry these days is that we do have a pretty good understanding and grounding in our nation's constitution. We see it flaunted constantly and it's infuriating. You can test me if you want. to

Going back to the polls you like, according to the poll then, most Thais had not read the 2007 Constitution that was distributed nation-wide, and it was not because they were illiterate.

Returning to my point, I think it's a legitimate question to ask of these protesters what their specific gripe is.

Would that be the Military Junta constitution you're talking about - the one even the Nation had extreme reservations with the referendum for, the one that the Thai nationals couldn't criticise without being threatened with jail, the one that provided Amnesty for the coup leaders which no constitution before had done? I wonder what just one particular gripe might be?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/07/06/politics/politics_30039559.php

You might notice in your last quote that it referred to "demonstrators" and it clearly refutes amnesty for those involved in violence. Why then do you extrapolate the leniency for those who broke the law by simply being there to those preaching and carrying out violent acts which lead to "grave losses of life and property"?

You highlight the section which suits yourself, but ignore the section which advocates prosecution of red terrorists. I doubt in the whole document is there any reference to holiday camp prisons for one side of the political divide as a means to achieving reconciliation.

How do you equate an amnesty (which as you say has been ruled by the TRCT as an appropriate way on for reconciliation) with extrapolation of degrees of criminality - the TRCT are clearly stating that all the crimes committed have been influenced by the political situation. (Edit: though I think those accused of arson are omitted - in the second report)

What "Red Terrorists"?

Reds to face lesser charges

The Nation September 29, 2011 12:00 am

The Justice Ministry is preparing to follow the advice of the reconciliation committee, which includes changing the "terrorism" charges against red shirts to "criminal association".

The ministry has ordered all related agencies to be ready to follow the proposals of the Truth for Reconciliation Commission, which includes changing terrorism charges against the red shirts to "Ang Yi" or criminal association.

http://www.nationmul...s-30166395.html

I think you're right about the holiday camps though - I can't recall reading anything about them in the reports.

You did notice the date on that announcement. When your side wins, suddenly you stop being a terrorist, sometimes you get to be an MP.

Would that be the Military Junta constitution you're talking about - the one even the Nation had extreme reservations with the referendum for, the one that the Thai nationals couldn't criticise without being threatened with jail, the one that provided Amnesty for the coup leaders which no constitution before had done? I wonder what just one particular gripe might be?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/07/06/politics/politics_30039559.php

There was no law against reading the constitution.

I can appreciate you wanting to speak for the Red Shirts, but what have they said is their gripe with the constitution?

I guess Abhisit has the right to object........like others, currently has time to stir the pot......unfortunately from his current position he and his sympathisers on the forum are coming across as really needing to find something more productive to occupy their time........because if they fail to acknowledge they require publicity on much more substantial topics to appear electable......then I guess they are condemned to repeat same old tired circular discussions that lost the faith of the people in the last election, and thus suffer the same fate in the next

I guess Abhisit has the right to object........like others, currently has time to stir the pot......unfortunately from his current position he and his sympathisers on the forum are coming across as really needing to find something more productive to occupy their time........because if they fail to acknowledge they require publicity on much more substantial topics to appear electable......then I guess they are condemned to repeat same old tired circular discussions that lost the faith of the people in the last election, and thus suffer the same fate in the next

Or they could just out-bribe PTP.

Or they could just out-bribe PTP.

And the same tired accusations to dissipate criticism, desperately thrown out while floundering on the rocks of mediocrity