Taken The Plunge

lampard10

I have packed my IP Star away (see for sale topics) and gone over to the enemy. It is fantastic. It works. My sattilite dish has been launched into space to join the sattilite. I signed up for T&tt for a connection speed of 1024 and it is lightning. Where my IP Star downloaded at 4 kbps this one goes along at around 30kbps. Much cheaper too.

I have packed my IP Star away (see for sale topics) and gone over to the enemy. It is fantastic. It works. My sattilite dish has been launched into space to join the sattilite. I signed up for T&tt for a connection speed of 1024 and it is lightning. Where my IP Star downloaded at 4 kbps this one goes along at around 30kbps. Much cheaper too.

I am using TTT 512/256 Home service and have speeds of around 40/50 Kpbs always

790 Per Month

I am using TTT 512/256 Home service and have speeds of around 40/50 Kpbs always

790 Per Month

40/50k in Thailand or International?

Tell us more in 1 month: some ISP gives you good speed for the 1st month, then when you cannot cancel it for free anymore, the speed decreases.

Dunno if TT&T does this?

What is the diff between KBps and kbps?

Bytes and bits. 1 Byte = 8 bits.

I think.

and 4 bits = a nibble , a byte can be up to 13 bits , but standard is 8

so kBps kilo bytes per second

and kbps kilo bits persecond

the download speeds supplied by the providers are always in kbps , similar to discussing pen1s length in centimetres and inches... :o

Edited by stumonster

Lampy, I know it's a sore point, but is the webcam working now? :o

I need a new ip address, but I could get my webcam on any computor I tried anywhere. Except for company coms where the security was too high. Most people coud get it, but you will have to wait till next week for the new one. I connected my com up at home with a normal telephone line and got both web-cams straight in.

Yep . Great. So does this mean we will get twice as many aussie bashing posts now that you can send them quicker Lampard. :o:D:D

Yep . Great. So does this mean we will get twice as many aussie bashing posts now that you can send them quicker Lampard. :o:D:D

Got the wrong man cobber. I havn't written any Aussie bashing posts. Unless you call replying to Pom bashing that. What would I do that for? Half my customers are Aussies.

Yep . Great. So does this mean we will get twice as many aussie bashing posts now that you can send them quicker Lampard. :D:D:D

Got the wrong man cobber. I havn't written any Aussie bashing posts. Unless you call replying to Pom bashing that. What would I do that for? Half my customers are Aussies.

Very pleased to hear that Lampard. I'll just have to look forward to twice as much entertainment. :o