Atec Laptop

Clarisse

Hi,

Anyone can give me an advice please. I am thinking of buying a new laptop and someone told me that if I want a new laptop and not too expensive better if I get an Atec Laptop. I am wondering if anyone uses this and what is your opinion. I had bad experience in used laptop I both twice and didn’t even stay a year and the motherboard broke and too expensive to replace. Please if anyone can help me I will really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Clarisse

Don’t know the brand but here are a few things to look for.

• Warranties make sure it’s valid in your home country.

• Figure out what you want it for. Pay the few 1000 baht to get what you need.

• Screen size and Weight are the two things you pay the most for. If you can handle a few lbs get a bigger screen. My laptop is huge I move it around the hose not to the coffee house so weight is not important where as screen size is.

• Battery life, how important is it?

• Speed The M chip is nice but you pay for it.

• Bells and junk. Lots of laptops come with sd readers, sound systems, DVD burners etc. Just make sure you get one with a cd –r

The rest anyone can figure out More ram the better nothing below 256 512 is best. HD aren’t coming any smaller than 40 GB. Oh it is common for them not to have A drives now. No big deal.

Speck em out. Take someone who speaks Thai with you pay a little extra for a name that you have heard of. BENQs seem to be good systems.

Oh yeah one important thing is keyboard. B4 you buy type on it for 10 mins even if just rambles that come from your Brian. I find some keyboards are really hard to use.

A friend of mine got a Atec and the mainboard went just outside the warranty. He knew someone from the company but even still it cost him around 1500 baht to fix. He seems happy with it other than that.

Personally I'd rather go for something like Acer as they have a good rep, and I consider them to be quite solid in terms of build quality.