Water Bottle Tap

seefah

I am also interested in a dispenser that isnt electric as I dont need a hot and cold water tap. I looked around today at Big C extra and they have an electic on sale for 2999...really cheap plastic quality...also went to Home Pro and also they only had electric dispensers at 3000 baht and up

We have a frame (see photos included) to hold the big water bottle, where I can just tip the whole bottle up and pour out water. Despite making it easier, when the bottle is full its still quite heavy for my wife.

What I was thinking, if I can get a tap that fits onto the bottle (not threaded), then I will possibly make a frame/unit to hold the bottle horizontally but with tilt level being adjustable for when the water gets low.

So I just need the tap (not a hand pump tap). Anyone know where to get?

In case you are interested, it was a couple of years ago I got the bottle frame in the kitchen section of Home Pro that is in Big C Extra, formerly Carrefour, not sure if they are still for sale there.

post-105888-0-92144400-1323636099_thumb.

post-105888-0-61113700-1323636104_thumb.

Edited by seefah

• 1 month later...

IMO, the stands are not the answer.

I had one and gave it away. It always threatened to pinch my fingers while inserting the full bottle.

The really good solution would be a proper solid plastic pump-action tube with spigot. There is a squeezie-type pump but they are not very effective.

I saw those water bottle holders across the street from Foodland today. There's a hardware store next to that driving school. Cross the street and a bit towards Suk from Foodland.

He has the stand, he's after the tap.

Darn. And I was so excited I found them! sad.png

I tried one of the cheapie plastic pumps. Didn't work at all. Ended up finding a deal on a water cooler at Carrefour, $1100B or so. I don't plug it in, but works great with the bottles.

I saw those water bottle holders across the street from Foodland today. There's a hardware store next to that driving school. Cross the street and a bit towards Suk from Foodland.

He has the stand, he's after the tap.

Darn. And I was so excited I found them! sad.png

I tried one of the cheapie plastic pumps. Didn't work at all. Ended up finding a deal on a water cooler at Carrefour, $1100B or so. I don't plug it in, but works great with the bottles.

I did exactly the same.

I've still not found any dispenser taps here in Pattaya. I would have thought they'd be quite popular and many suppliers, but it seems not.

Places I've tried but don't supply are;

Big C (North & South)

Big C Extra

Guy selling bottles with taps moulded into the bottle in Big C Extra (ground floor, now next to food court)

Home Pro at Big C Extra

Tesco Lotus (North & South)

Friendship Supermarket

Foodland

Home Works

Home Mart

Boonthavorn

Some local supply shops

Kitchen section in Central Festival Pattaya Beach

Where I've not tried yet;

Kitchen shop next to Foodland

Shop on Klang mentioned by lovetotravel

The couple of shops opposite the post office in Naklua

Water supply shop at the corner of Sukhumvit/North Road.

Index (very unlikely)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and comments. If you do see any suitable taps, please leave a comment.

Edited by seefah

^have you thought of buying one of the bottles with taps moulded into the bottle in Big C Extra and pouring the water into it from the other bottle?

Makes it easier for your missus to get water out which is the point of the exercise.

Don't discount Index, they have a good kitchenware section although I don't guarantee they'll have what you want.

Edited by PattayaParent

I would prefer not to get a bottle with tap already installed in its side as that would mean lifting the delivered water bottle (19 litre) to pour into the bottle with tap.

What I'd really want is to open a delivered water bottle, connect a tap, then just one time only lift the bottle and leave horizontally on a unit for use.

To add to the list of shops that don't supply what I'm looking for;

Kitchen shop next to Foodland

Shop on Klang mentioned by lovetotravel (actually there is two shops)

Water filter supply shop at the corner of Sukhumvit/North Road

B.L. Commerce behind Big C North, great shop but no tap

Index

The ground floor of the Hefele store on Sukhumvit in South Pattaya

Kangyong Home Store in South Pattaya

Tops

Electric store under Tuk Com (that sells various other things, not just electrics)

I think that's pretty much every shop that would possibly have a tap for a large water bottle, but didn't. So maybe next time I'm in Bangkok I'll have a look, or order online, or perhaps an alternative of some sorts.

Edited by seefah