Mosque Massacre In Krabi: 3 Dead, 3 Injured

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To reiterate, there is no evidence that this is due to religious anything. So, before assuming anything perhaps best to wait and see. People do get killed over local political elections here rather regularly.

"until we find the man who was behind all this" - sounds like he has made up his mind already.

Why do you assume it has anything to do with religious intolerance? It could just as easily be about a bad dept, a scorned woman or plain and simple politics, which is what it sounds like to me. But at this point no one knows for sure. However, It just slays me to see all you libs get your panties in a knot on the rare occasions when Muslims are involved in any altercation. Immediately, they are victims? Why? Why is it when the more frequent and common attacks on Christian's in Iraq and Iran and Lebanon are killed it's not religious intolerance by Muslims?. When Buddhist Temples and monks in the south of Thailand are killed by Muslims why is that not worthy of your outrage? Where are your posts decrying those atrocities? Explain to me why liberals like yourself seem to be OK with repressive Sharia Muslim law?

Agree 100%.

Sorry - what do you mean by "why do you assume?"???????????? - please explain yourself or retract that comment.

"until we find the man who was behind all this" - sounds like he has made up his mind already.

Why do you assume it has anything to do with religious intolerance? It could just as easily be about a bad dept, a scorned woman or plain and simple politics, which is what it sounds like to me. But at this point no one knows for sure. However, It just slays me to see all you libs get your panties in a knot on the rare occasions when Muslims are involved in any altercation. Immediately, they are victims? Why? Why is it when the more frequent and common attacks on Christian's in Iraq and Iran and Lebanon are killed it's not religious intolerance by Muslims?. When Buddhist Temples and monks in the south of Thailand are killed by Muslims why is that not worthy of your outrage? Where are your posts decrying those atrocities? Explain to me why liberals like yourself seem to be OK with repressive Sharia Muslim law?

I beg your pardon?

Please either explain or retract that comment

I live in an area about 1 hour south of Ranong and this area is heavily Muslim. I am there for months at a time and there is no real tension between the Buddhists and the Muslims in this area. There is local politics for sure and individual beefs, but little to do with religion. So please don't paint tar on all Muslims. I ride the local transportation, go the market and family members mix with Muslims on a daily and neighborly basis.

The 11mm Shell casings threw me off. Is that what they call a .45 cal outside of the US? If not, what gun uses a 11mm shell? And if it was a .45 the assailants may have had some cash as a .45cal pistol is not cheap AT ALL here in Thailand like 60,000baht+ minimum (as opposed to a few hundred bucks in the States)

... so what's your point? In the market for a gun are we?

Wow really? A terrible crime has been committed, a fellow TV member posts relevant facts regarding the murder weapon, and then you troll him? Come on.

THe topic is hardly discussed but what this thread DOES do is underline the extent of the ignorance and bigotry of a large number of TV contributors.

as soon as the word mosque appeared the bigots sat down to type - regardless of the facts or the truth behind the story and with no attempt or ability to understand it the hatred towards "others" has come pouring out.

With my hand on my heart I can say without reservation that I feel genuinely sad for those who live their lives in such an empty pit of fear, ignorance and paranoia.

Edited by cowslip

This is horrible! A largely Buddhist country, suffering from religious intolerance under the name of politics, or the other way round.

This is nothing compared to what is going on in the south and what has been going on for years!

Perhaps this was a case of Muslims killing Muslims though and not about religious intolerance.

Both responses are pure speculation with the latter just showing bigotry. The report itself seems to point more to local political problems than religious in-fighting.

Or maybe the political "picture" is used to cover the possible religious tone?

Who knows?

I agree, and my thoughts too from the moment I first read this. As in the rest of the once non-Muslim world, where Islam is making inroads, everyone is scared to say anything that will trigger the typical mad arse terrorism we are now having to accommodate. Local politics? .. or someone spat the dummy. Keep our fingures crossed that the Thai authorities will manage to play this down, whatever bullshit line they need to spin.

NB - the "unrest" in the South is NOT a religious war - it is a separatist affair.

" ... a separatist affair." ... driven by the aspirations of Muslim radicals. Who do you think you are kidding? <snip>

Edited by soundman

The 11mm Shell casings threw me off. Is that what they call a .45 cal outside of the US? If not, what gun uses a 11mm shell? And if it was a .45 the assailants may have had some cash as a .45cal pistol is not cheap AT ALL here in Thailand like 60,000baht+ minimum (as opposed to a few hundred bucks in the States)

With respect how do you know that the weapon was bought here in Thailand?,it could easily have been smuggled in through the porous borders of Lao or Cambodia were I am informed they can be purchased quite cheaply .

I have to agree with many here that this is very bad even for Thailand. But it alomst sounds like Sunni and Shi-ites to me, just like in Iraq and Afganistan. And they say the Muslum religeon is a religeon of peace? I think they should practice Bhuddism.

I hope and appologize if I have hurt anyones feelings.

Edited by diehard60

Another several off topic posts removed. This thread has got nothing to do with Muslim faith in Thailand ,global religious trends, price of guns etc......

It is about a shooting, in what seems to be politically motivated after a local election.

Again please stay on topic & stop the bigoted remarks.

Thai local politics is very dangerous. There were 38 murders linked to politics during the election of 2005, almost all of them at the canvasser level (village headmen, etc.) like this. In order to get anywhere in Thai political life, you have to prove yourself in this bear pit first. Or be born into a powerful family. -_-

look here:

http://en.wikipedia....i/11_mm_caliber

Ahh ok thanks for that, I guess then they are looking for a Rifle as the murder weapon. I never heard of a 11mm before not very big back in the States.

I guess you never lived in an inner-city neighborhood. 11mm is very popular with the dealers and gangs where I came from.:angry:

To reiterate, there is no evidence that this is due to religious anything. So, before assuming anything perhaps best to wait and see. People do get killed over local political elections here rather regularly.

100% correct. Seems politically motivated to me.

Thai local politics is very dangerous. There were 38 murders linked to politics during the election of 2005, almost all of them at the canvasser level (village headmen, etc.) like this. In order to get anywhere in Thai political life, you have to prove yourself in this bear pit first. Or be born into a powerful family. -_-

A former kamnan who was running in a tight race for Or Bor Dor was gunned down by hitmen hired by his opponent on Koh P a few years ago, our first political murder. Was quite shocking as he was a really good guy. But, indeed, these kinds of local level killings in elections are sadly very common. It is probably why so few truly honest decent people go into Thai politics.

This is horrible! A largely Buddhist country, suffering from religious intolerance under the name of politics, or the other way round.

This won`t involve religious intolerance. It`s a local power struggle with the perks of office as the prize.

I'm sorry, but you don't know 100% it was political. It could easily be religious.

Another several off topic posts removed. This thread has got nothing to do with Muslim faith in Thailand ,global religious trends, price of guns etc......

It is about a shooting, in what seems to be politically motivated after a local election.

Again please stay on topic & stop the bigoted remarks.

Sorry, how has he made up his mind already? He didn't name any names.

yet another example of the poor understanding and intellect shown by contributors to this thread. - the quote is there - if you can't make the deduction then it is all the more sad for you and you should learn how to read (as in "reading and comprehension" - you did at school). However I must say you are not alone on this thread which has attracted some of the most ignorant banal and inane comments I've seen on TV for quite some time.

look here:

http://en.wikipedia....i/11_mm_caliber

Ahh ok thanks for that, I guess then they are looking for a Rifle as the murder weapon. I never heard of a 11mm before not very big back in the States.

Surprise , surprise I always thought one could buy any type of weapon in the USA no matter what size bullet.