Visa In Kl - Accomadation

I am flying to KL in February to get a non Imm O visa. Just wondering how other did with Hotels/Transport etc. I was thinking of a hotel vlose to the Embassy which is reasonably priced. Not looking for anything much just a place to drop the head for a fews days whislt I wait for the visa to be processed. 3 or 4 days. I have never been to KL before so have no idea on transport to and from the airport either. Landing in KL totally blind.

Hi -first post. I went to KL in July to get a non-immigrant B visa. I stayed at Lansen Place Ambassador Row about a 400 metre stroll to the Thai Embassy. Go on a Monday or Tuesday evening. Stay Lansen Place and drop off your application the next morning the next morning. Stay that night at Lansen Place and collect your passport at about 2 pm the next day, then taxi to the airport. Easy as pie. Lansen Place is at the upper end of the range at about 3500 baht per night, but its proximity to the embassy is a big plus. There is a good little supermarket on the road (Jalan Ampang) to the embassy on the left hand side near Lansen Place. Good for cheap eats avoiding hotel meal top ups. Hope this is helpful. Oh yes, at the airport, buy a taxi ticket from a machine at the airport to avoid rip-offs. Present the ticket when you reach the taxi line and no further payment required. Cheers

Good cheap hotels on Petaling Street (Chinatown), the Swiss Inn used to be good but it's been years since I stayed there, Google is your friend. A short LRT ride to Ampang Park then a 10 minute walk to the Embassy.

First visit I would book a hotel on the net and get a taxi from the airport. Next time you can use the Airport Express and LRT to save a bob or two.

Hi, I will also be returning to KL for another O visa in Febuary, last year I stayed in the Somerset Apartments, just across from the Thai Consul, midway between ampang park subway station and the Thai Consul, price then was 2400 baht per night if I remember correctly, booked via agoda. Nice roomy apartments, although breakfast was fairly basic, less than a 10 minute walk from ampang park station

Good cheap hotels on Petaling Street (Chinatown), the Swiss Inn used to be good but it's been years since I stayed there, Google is your friend. A short LRT ride to Ampang Park then a 10 minute walk to the Embassy.

First visit I would book a hotel on the net and get a taxi from the airport. Next time you can use the Airport Express and LRT to save a bob or two.

Last week was my 1st visit to KL, everyone speaks English and are most helpful, stayed on Petaling Street (Chinatown) asked at information at the airport... she gave me a map, also clear easy instruction how to get to Hotel + options.. Taxi RM 80 [about 800 baht] or by the Airport train RM 35 + only 28 mins... none stop at the end station 'Sentral' you get the LRT just 1 stop and RM 1... get off the LRT go right down the steps and turn right [at end of steps] through where the Buses stop and straight past 7/11 at the traffic light turn left = Petaling Street (Chinatown) take all of 5 mins to walk.

Like wise at Hotel I asked about the Thai Embassy, Taxi = RM 18........ Receptionist have clear easy instructions again via LRT, back to LRT station go to 5th stop = Ampang Park = RM 1.60 [the next stop past KLCC station Twin Towers] when you come up from the underground go right = under the road, again go right past McDonald's then straight crossing the main road. Many Embassies on this road, I'm in my 60's not in good health and the stroll to the Embassy took 10 mins.. Very easy.

I did look at Hotels on the net in the Thai Embassy area, cheap one were well over 3,000 baht to about 16,000 per night... Chinatown start around 300 baht to about 2,000 baht, The Swiss Hotel looked nice, I stayed a few doors away, it was OK booked via Agoda and paid 790 baht per night with breakfast and free Wi-fi.

All the responses are extreemly helpful and much appreciated. Helps to get advice from people who have done the trip. I normally do it in Aust but waiting around in Thailand for a court hearing to be legally identified as the father of my son. The non imm will then get me a 12 month extention.

You can get a 60 day extension if you are named on the birth certificate as the father.

Yes I realize this and have had 4, 60 day extentions already (yes I know only one allowed but helps to have friends) lot easier now just do one year.Lawyer only 13,000 baht all up so works out O.K.