Bahlsen Lebkuchen In Cm

nikster

Note: these are german gingerbread cookies but if you dont know that then you probably dont know what to look for.

Has anyone seen Bahlsen Lebkuchen for sale in CM?

I know theres some local bakeries making them and no judgement but lebkuchen are really hard to make and I like Bahlsen. I have searched Rim Ping - nothing. Tops had "Fürstenschnitte" last year but it was well hidden and they only had a few. Bought them all. This year all I could find was a fancy combo box containing some other cookies and one or 2 small lebkuchen ... 355 baht(!)

So... Urgently wanted Bahlsen Contessa or similar. Back home these are falling off the shelves in the supermarkets, hard to avoid them... Anyone know where to find them in CM?

If anything these kinds of posts always illustrate to me how far we've come in the last 15-20 years. With debates on all the options for Western food, and with any supply-chain issue for Coke Zero leading to a Farang State of Emergency.

Sorry, carry on kids.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

If anything these kinds of posts always illustrate to me how far we've come in the last 15-20 years. With debates on all the options for Western food, and with any supply-chain issue for Coke Zero leading to a Farang State of Emergency.

Sorry, carry on kids.

Argh, thanks for nothing, WTK! :)

Sorry, carry on kids.

I missed the debate on Coke Zero. What were the pro's and con's on it. did it have a moderator or are you just making it up.

Still no Pepsi Max.

Are the cookies damaged when they fall off the shelves?

Sorry just couldn't resist it.

Are the ginger bread cookies chewy or the hard brittle kind?

Butter is Better use to have a ginger crisp that was quite tasty. Haven't seen it the last two times I was in there.

Sorry, carry on kids.

Did you try Jo's Bakery (German) just off the canal road out past the 3rd Ring Road about 5-6 km's? I know he makes a Weinacht Stollen , because I just bought one. He may be baking your cookies as well.

Sorry, carry on kids.

Always nice when my little stabs are taken in good humor.. I appreciate that. ;)

Seriously though, if Tops and Rim Ping don't have it then you're probably out of luck. You could post on the BKK and Pattaya forum to see if supermarkets in those areas (Villa, Foodland) have it.

And if it's nowhere in Thailand then the last resort is a high-end bakery, possibly a custom order, which will cost. (But may actually be better than factory cookies, made to last a really long time on shelves..)

Yeah thanks for the suggestions but only looking for Bahlsen, packaged, and imported.

Past experience with home made gingerbread cookies has been less than stellar, sorry. Like I said they're hard to get right. I like the Bahlsen ones.

They're chewy, by the way.

8144-Contessa-US_Web.jpg

51pV5yL2PaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by nikster

Oh my Santa Clause, they look soooo GOOD !!!....... if you do locate them in CM then please share the goodness with the rest of of us..... what's your address we'll be coming over biggrin.gif

Yeeeesss they do, but likely he'll keep it a secret and can't really blame him if he does.. The chocolate covered ones would be my choice.. But baked goods and I don't get along, I love them enough but they only do me harm around the waist and other bodily locations :( .

I found a bag of imported Bahlsen Lebkuchen pieces (smaller, mixed variety) at Villa Market Phuket the other day.

That's good info thanks... will try to find someone down there to send it up here...

Meanwhile in CM at Tops they have this, but it's ridiculously overpriced at 355 baht for not even 200g:

82890-weihnachtsstern_le_z1.jpg

On the other hand, I guess I'll have to give up on reasonable prices anyway at this point, shipping from Europe costs 30 - 40 EUR vs. the cookies for EUR 2.