Uk Divorce Cert

hi all

I have had my affirmation to marry letter certified by the embassy and also showed them my original decree absolute divorce cert, but do i now need to get my divorce cert translated into thai? and also have that officially certified at the ministry of foreign affairs in bangkok? I am not sure if the amphur will want a thai translated copy or will they accept the affirmation as proof of divorce along with my english divorce original?

getting more confused by the minute

manxlad

Does the Affirmation to Marry affidavit say that you are divorced? If not then keep your mouth shut at the Amphur. If it does then you are in a questionable area. Any documents submitted to the Amphur must be translated into Thai and certified by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.That will present a problem with your divorce decree since it has not been certified/legalized by your embassy.

The affirmation is just you affirming that you are free to marry, it doesn't, as I recall, indicate whether you are a widower, a divorcee or have never been married. So all you need is the translated affirmation endorsed by the MFA.

The affirmation should include a statement as to why you are free to marry ie. single, divorced or widowed.

The affirmation should be translated into Thai by a certified translation service. The translation must then be taken to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for certification; it takes two days and a fee of about 400Bht is payable.

The Amphur requires the MFA certified affirmation document and your passport to marry. They do not require your decree absolute since you have affirmed your freedom to marry at the Embassy.

If you are in the South of the country you can use MFA office Bangkok, in the north there is an MFA office in Chiang Mai.

The affirmation is just you affirming that you are free to marry, it doesn't, as I recall, indicate whether you are a widower, a divorcee or have never been married. So all you need is the translated affirmation endorsed by the MFA.

The affirmation should include a statement as to why you are free to marry ie. single, divorced or widowed.

The affirmation should be translated into Thai by a certified translation service. The translation must then be taken to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) for certification; it takes two days and a fee of about 400Bht is payable.

The Amphur requires the MFA certified affirmation document and your passport to marry. They do not require your decree absolute since you have affirmed your freedom to marry at the Embassy.

If you are in the South of the country you can use MFA office Bangkok, in the north there is an MFA office in Chiang Mai.

cheers guys for your advice. after a couple of phone calls by my GF today to friends, I think I will need to get the decree translated in bangkok for 300bht just as a precaution as we will be dealing with the amphur in udon thani and my GF says that the lady amphur is not flexible and will want the translated version! Grrrrr.

I love thailand, but nothing is ever straight forward

awaiting the next beaurocratic obstacle

manxlad

Nooooooooooooooooo you not need it translated, your embassy already checked its ok,

All you need to do is go to an ampur, once you get your wedding certificate in Thai, get it translated to English and stamped :D

ok madmin.... you have convinced me, will chance it and head to udon next week and try it out! fingers crossed