Where Do Young Farangs Live In Cm?

DavidMavec

While most do not live there, I do notice many more young people hanging out at the Day Care Center across the street from my place.

But if it is not a pedo oriented question, then try out the far west side by Huay Kaew and CMU. Thats where I see more younger uni age crowd.

Probably need to better define your defin. of younger. There are young seniors too, you know.

Good Luck with your search

G

Behind CMU, in the neighborhoods south of Suthep Rd; and on the other side of CMU in the Chang Kian area north of Huay Kaew Rd. Aside from those area, I'm not sure that there's much clustering.

Thats where i live and i am 32 and have lots of friends in there 20's but that is because there is a thai boxing gym in Chang Kian and everybody comes and hangs out at my place.

Zoe & Babylon is where most young farangs go to hang, it's like a congregation point when they can't figure out where else to go or can't figure out how to get cheap dates.

But I CAN figure out how to get cheap dates, by going to Zoe, Babylon, Heaven Beach and Roots Rock Reggae.

There's also Nimmanhaemin where I live, but it's a bit of a yuppie-latte scene. Many Thai chicks out and about at the main pubs there (Monkey, Warm Up and so on) but medium to medium-high maintenance. But Nimman is still a good choice, as is the general uni area including the apartment buildings in sois down from Suthep Road.

But again, you can't beat Zoe & friends for Farang chicks. They're incredibly easy after their second bucket, just make sure you get in there first before all the Thai boy-vultures zone in on the kill-site.

Nimman Road, Huey Kaew Road, anywhere around CMU. Just stay away from Tha Pae Gate/Loi Kroh area where all the old farts hang out!

sound advice. plenty of 20 and 30-somethings also live in the old city area in fairness but also in san sai, san kamphaeng. all over really from those i know. there are plenty of non-retirees having a good time and a nice life in chiang mai.

Zoe & Babylon is where most young farangs go to hang, it's like a congregation point when they can't figure out where else to go or can't figure out how to get cheap dates.

But I CAN figure out how to get cheap dates, by going to Zoe, Babylon, Heaven Beach and Roots Rock Reggae.

There's also Nimmanhaemin where I live, but it's a bit of a yuppie-latte scene. Many Thai chicks out and about at the main pubs there (Monkey, Warm Up and so on) but medium to medium-high maintenance. But Nimman is still a good choice, as is the general uni area including the apartment buildings in sois down from Suthep Road.

But again, you can't beat Zoe & friends for Farang chicks. They're incredibly easy after their second bucket, just make sure you get in there first before all the Thai boy-vultures zone in on the kill-site.

LOL...i heard the farang-wannabe mackdaddy vulture kill zone was Spicy.

Wouldn't suggest Warm Up, not so farang friendly for those obviously on the prowl.

Edited by Rider808

Loads of youngish people teaching here in CM so you won't see them out and about during the day.I can't help you where they go after hours but they are out there, believe me. I doubt whether many use this forum, they probably have better things to do but who knows one might pop up with a post. :rolleyes:

A lot of young people read thai visa but many don't post .

That's because it's seriously un-cool.

JUST about okay to quickly ask where to buy their favorite brand of muesli, but wouldn't actually want to be caught dead here.

Some actually set out to go to a Thaivisa party, take one look, and then run for the hills.

I'm not sure where they do live but I know where they could live. Soi 7, off Suthep Road, opposite the Main CMU Gate. The development is still under construction but it looks good and very convenient for the University. There may be some units ready to occupy

http://www.uniloft.co.th/location-facilities.php

Edited by Asmerom

Loads of youngish people teaching here in CM so you won't see them out and about during the day.I can't help you where they go after hours but they are out there, believe me. I doubt whether many use this forum, they probably have better things to do but who knows one might pop up with a post. :rolleyes:

Told you........... they are slowly emerging.When my daughter was teaching here 2 years ago she had a large circle of youngish friends, who partied, but I never thought to ask where.

Where Do Young Farangs Live In Cm?

The same places that us old farts do. :)

Thinking I'm going to spend some time there relatively soon -- don't mean to hijack the post.

At 38, I'm equally comfortable with kids and old farts. Sounding like my kind of place. thumbsup.gif