Always Check Your Passport After Immigration

I am living here since 12 years and left Thailand for the first time (except for VISA runs) this year.

I made a new 1 year Non-O Visa in Berlin. When I was entering Thailand in November at Phuket airport I filled out the Immigration card as always, stated my name,address and also the Number of my Non-O Visa.

Dumb as I am I havent checked the stamp imidiately after Immigration.

Yesterday I checked my PP and saw that there is only a Tourist Visa inside for 30 days.

As we all make mistakes from time to time, the immigration officer must have missed the Visa and so I am on Overstay now.....however, MY FAULT I should have checked.

I am planning to drive to the Airport today and talk to the authorities there, maybe they can help solving this problem

For your own convenience, please make sure you are ALWAYS checking your PassPorts ....I just forgot it one single time and got the receipt now....

Edited by moskito

Maybe it helps, maybe not: I always present my passport OPENED on the visa page. Can't be missed.

Good luck with your stamp-matter, maybe you could try it at the nearest immigration first, unless Swampie is the nearest immigration-office.

i do same way , and on top i say in english the visa type , or the entry ; (first , second , or in case thirth at border by visa run..;;;, and check pp by leaving his desk

thx all three of yours. Was lucky, very, VERY friendly immigration staff in Phukets Airport....it was not always like that :whistling: .....

Normally I do it the same way you mentioned above AND check ALWAYS the stamp afterwards...this time I did not....(forgot my glasses :rolleyes: )

Yup, on my last entry I got a 30 day stamp as well, even though I had my PP opened to my visa page. Caught it when it happened and had it changed immediately. Didn't matter much as I was I had to leave on a short notice trip one week later.

My next trip was planned in two month to Malaysia....so I am happy I checked my PP yesterday and not in two month :blink: anyway, that was the last time I forget to check for stamp (((: