Kanchanaburi Accommodation Advice Please

IGCKorat

I am looking for a nice hotel or guest house which would be central for nightlife /entertainment areas in Kanchanaburi. Prefer not to be disturbed by the 08.00hrs train every morning, as per many warnings I am seeing! Price not too important for the right place. Will be travelling with my brother, so clean and good location more than romantic and cosy! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

There are many alongside the river,I have been a regular at The Ploy guest house over the years,not sure what the rates and availability will be like this time of year Xmas and all that,but well worth a look has a pool to boot.

I can second Ploy Guest House having just stayed there for a week (google for their website and you can chose your room type and book online). Set well back from the road so quiet yet right in the middle of what night life / bars that there seem to be.

stay down on the floating barges as its very quied as aposed to staying on the main road as the bikes keep you awake all night but getting down to your room is a challenge when its 3 in the morning and your all sauced up