New Thai Airline Launches Maiden Flight With Transsexual Attendants

webfact

As an American, I would take the "third genders" (who work hard to look like a "perfect female") over the unsmiling, granny bully flight attendants they have on Delta and United Airlines.

I've flown twice with delta to the states and lways found the crew very good. On my first flight to New York JFK the take off was aborted on the runway due to some generator problem. I think we were delayed by between 1 and 2 hours but the pilot kept us well informed and the flight crew (including 1 gay I think) were as professional as I would expect.

I would admit the planes were very old. Screens only above the aisle and on the bulkhead. I hadn't flown for years so I didn't really know any better until I flew Jet Airways and Etihad to Thailand.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remembered I just spoke to my gf in Isaan and she sent a link on Facebook. http://video.sanook.com/player/index.php?videoID=451262

It's all in Thai but I guessed what it was about. "How you know that"? I just showed her this thread to show her on TV we seem to get our news earlier.

Yesterday she told me about Thaksin getting his passport so I filled her in with all the details.:signthaivisa:

As an American, I would take the "third genders" (who work hard to look like a "perfect female") over the unsmiling, granny bully flight attendants they have on Delta and United Airlines.

:cheesy: Same goes for some of the hard nosed nordic gnomes of SAS and others. They only do the job for the purks. Service is beneath their dignity.

As for the wizzened old rat bags on Air Berlin, I'd much prefer a katoey.

Let us be kind and Love They Neighbor . . .

If my "neighbor" is an Air Berlin Rat Bag FA, if I was stupid enough to try to "love her", she would definitely RIP my D*** off and eat it, then laugh at me. Sorry, if you ask for kindness, it has to shown by FAs from Air Berlin first. Air Berlin's business model has A LOT to be improved upon!

"GRANNY BULLY" hahaha Ya, I noticed that myself, I thought Delta might be a record holder for oldest average attendant.:yohan:

Nope! I think that Trophy belongs to Air Canada. Got to be +65, overweight, and past experience in an SS Camp before you can even apply.

I do hope the administrator removes your insensitive comment about the concentration camps.

I think your comment shows an ignorance of the conditions of Jews in the death camps. Even before arrival, these people had lost their homes, their possestions, everything but themselves. Upon arrival they were separated from family members, and witnessed the death of the same, quickly realizing their own fate. Meanwhile, they were starving, sick, and used as slave labor.

What kind of joking reference could be considered humorous about the people who were just herded from their homes, every posession taken, friends and family members killed in the cattle car ride to the camp, then stripped, tattooed, and put to work digging a pit to toss in the hundreds of friends who were just gassed?

The Nazis made lampshades out of human skin.

Your comments trivialize the suffering of the victims, and diminishes the unparalleled awfulness of the events associated with Hitler's Final Solution.

Many people "know" what the "news" or "governments" or "certain groups" have "taught" them about the past, that they were not there to experience personally. The common denominator seems to be commonly understood as: "the Nazis were VERY NASTY" with VERY BAD attitudes too. What is the definition of war??? A breakdown of rules. ANY side that is the winner will be denounced later, by the losers, EVERY time! Not trivializing anybody, OR defending ANY groups from the past that I had nothing to do with or support, but taking the commonly understood, or brainwashed idea, that the SS were VERY NASTY. This can be used as an analogy that many people understand, to let others know what they think about something in present day times, namely, Air Berlin FAs. Certainly if you don't understand this, you have NEVER met an Air Berlin FA, under less than perfect conditions. Lucky You. If you were younger, I suppose you might use "The Terminator" or "Transformers" as the "Bad Guy" analogy. This is called "An Analogy" I can see an Air Berlin FA using an energy beam to vaporize ANY pax that disagrees with her. :ph34r: Then "she" morphs into a UFO and farts a "power blast" out of "her" exhaust port and exits the plane to safety. :boring:

Land of Smileys:

Many people "know" what the "news" or "governments" or "certain groups" have "taught" them about the past, that they were not there to experience personally. The common denominator seems to be commonly understood as: "the Nazis were VERY NASTY" with VERY BAD attitudes too. What is the definition of war??? A breakdown of rules. ANY side that is the winner will be denounced later, by the losers, EVERY time! Not trivializing anybody, OR defending ANY groups from the past that I had nothing to do with or support, but taking the commonly understood, or brainwashed idea, that the SS were VERY NASTY. This can be used as an analogy that many people understand, to let others know what they think about something in present day times, namely, Air Berlin FAs. Certainly if you don't understand this, you have NEVER met an Air Berlin FA, under less than perfect conditions. Lucky You. If you were younger, I suppose you might use "The Terminator" or "Transformers" as the "Bad Guy" analogy. This is called "An Analogy" I can see an Air Berlin FA using an energy beam to vaporize ANY pax that disagrees with her. :ph34r: Then "she" morphs into a UFO and farts a "power blast" out of "her" exhaust port and exits the plane to safety. :boring:

In a discussion concerning transsexual flight personnel that you chose to use an analogy of this nature shows a lack of respect to those who were confined and exterminated in the concentration camps.

Edited by metisdead
Font reset, use default forum font when posting.

That's a fair point JSHORTS the guys may very well feel like a woman but does that make them a woman? I could put on a Doctors coat or a firemans coat and feel like a fireman but does simply dressing up make me either? Yul Brynner dressed up as a Thai (Siamese) did that make him a Thai? The guys are simply role playing as ladies.

And, after transsexual surgery, do you feel they are still simply role-playing? (Please consider this a serious question.)

Edited by metisdead
Use default forum font when posting.

That's a fair point JSHORTS the guys may very well feel like a woman but does that make them a woman? I could put on a Doctors coat or a firemans coat and feel like a fireman but does simply dressing up make me either? Yul Brynner dressed up as a Thai (Siamese) did that make him a Thai? The guys are simply role playing as ladies.

And, after transsexual surgery, do you feel they are still simply role-playing? (Please consider this a serious question.)

Cosmetic surgery is nothing more than makeup for the role they are playing. You can build a house but you cannot build a woman. Nothing can change the fact that they are men playing women.

Well, we now know which airline most Germans will use in the future... :whistling:

totster :lol:

Ha!Ha!Ha!

Both of you, explain, why? From where do you have your knowledge or experiences? Show numbers, links ect. I not believe your writing!mad.gif

"- lady-boys have much more endurance than ladies."???

I don't suppose you would want to share that one with the group. Well each to there own.

You wouldn't happen to be German...would you?

What problems do you have with Germans?

The second video, the 30 second long vid, They ACTUALLY show a LB picking up a wallet and returning it to a pax. This couldn't have ANYTHING to do with some stereotype that is going around, could it???:cheesy: Only in LOS :emot-kiss:

NO, only you think negative and bad!mad.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Seems like a bit of a publicity stunt but what the heck . Maybe not a bad idea. There are lots of lady boys working in 7-11 stores. Puts a nice image of a woman behind the counter, but I suspect if you tried to shop lift something they would jump over the counter and kick your butt......

That PC airlines promotional video showing a lady boy returning a wallet had me rolling on the floor. My experiences with the late night lady boys working on Sukumvit was they keep trying to take my wallet away from me...... :jap:

I hope you tried to bring them to justice! Not only -PUT MAK- or -PUT MAH-! I am many times in Lower Sukhumvit without recognizing your problems!mad.gif

Katoy Air, only in TiT

Only some, a few flight attandands are Katoys. No big fuss and you writing is therefore wrong! No Katoy Air!

That woud it be, if nearly all people involved in that airline are Katoys. Far from that!whistling.gif

I wonder if any airline with such an idea would survive outside of Thailand.

r u crazy that airline will go belly up fast.what a joke.only people that will fly it will be british and germans

1. Why Germans? Specify with numbers and links!

2. Why no Thais fly with that Airline, because a few 3? of the flight attandends are Katoys?

Your reason is ridiculous, unreasonable!mad.gif

The second video, the 30 second long vid, They ACTUALLY show a LB picking up a wallet and returning it to a pax. This couldn't have ANYTHING to do with some stereotype that is going around, could it???:cheesy: Only in LOS :emot-kiss:

I'm not thinking negative about anything. If you read all the posts, and talk to many people in BKK, you'll find a common understanding that LBs make up a large percentage of all the wallet grabbers out there. I was pickpocketed by one myself. This LB was with a group of three others, one of which had such and ugly face that the average pile of vomit is prettier, much prettier. I have nothing against LBs, (except the wallet grabbing type) but the video DOES make a very specific point of showing an LB returning a wallet. I could not believe a professional ad would even bring that subject up :cheesy: it was great! I'm not saying MOST LBs are wallet grabbers, I'm saying most wallet grabbers are LBs.

If they try it on regular Thai flights I will never fly them again. I'll go the long way if I have too.

I can't believe your text! Time for you to walk to Uzbekistan, or wherever you come from. It's actually very sad that people do not allow others to be what they want to be.jap.gif

drdroom...I hope all airlines recruit them------------------then you'll never fly again :lol::redcard2:

I'm not thinking negative about anything. If you read all the posts, and talk to many people in BKK, you'll find a common understanding that LBs make up a large percentage of all the wallet grabbers out there. I was pickpocketed by one myself. This LB was with a group of three others, one of which had such and ugly face that the average pile of vomit is prettier, much prettier. I have nothing against LBs, (except the wallet grabbing type) but the video DOES make a very specific point of showing an LB returning a wallet. I could not believe a professional ad would even bring that subject up :cheesy: it was great! I'm not saying MOST LBs are wallet grabbers, I'm saying most wallet grabbers are LBs.

You are wrong!

It is said, that a bigger part of Sex working Lady boys are more likely also stealing, if the opportunity arises, but that, as far as I know cannot, for sure said about the whole group of Lady boys in TH, which is huge and who work in all kind of jobs!

I do not believe that your ideas had been the ideas of the producer of the Video.

A good part of the Sex working Bar and Road girls in TH steal also, but in all the normal working Thai ladys do not steal.

So would your conclusion be the same, if the person picking up the wallet would have been a woman?

Discrimination is that what you are writing here. Same a lot of guys here, who wrote Germans would be the biggest group of Lady boys customers.

How do they know that, where are the facts, links?

All for a lough, a joke? angry.gif Sorry that.

Hey Babe, Take A Flight On The Wild Side

Lou Reed - "Walk On The Wild Side"

Hey Babe, Take A Walk On The Wild Side,

Said Hey Honey, Take A Walk On The Wild Side.

And The Coloured Girls Go, Doo Dodoo

Edited by wxyz

Hey Babe, Take A Flight On The Wild Side

Lou Reed - "Walk On The Wild Side"

Hey Babe, Take A Walk On The Wild Side,

Said Hey Honey, Take A Walk On The Wild Side.

And The Coloured Girls Go, Doo Dodoo

I believe this verse is more applicable.

Holly Came From Miami, Fla Hitchhiked Her Way Across The USA

Plucked Her Eyebrows On The Way

Shaved Her Leg And Then He Was She - She Said

Hey Babe, Take A Walk On The Wild Side

Said Hey Honey, Take A Walk On The Wild Side.wink.gifguitar.gif

Edited by FOODLOVER

Not wanting to go (mainly because I am not qualified to do so) into the murky depth of the human psych, but I am very sure, there is a difference between an "actor" and the way a trans- gender / transsexual or the like, feels and sees him/herself.

The article clearly points out that they are "marketing" the novelty of the transsexual as a "sexual" novelty on this "private charter" market to Osaka, Tokyo, and Incheon. If they are in fact equal opportunity, then why all the "marketing" focus on this issue rather than letting them be "individuals" and equal rather than "showing them all off" on the inaugural flight as this marketing stunt clearly seeks to do. Why not publicize the service benefits, safety, and business differentiation for the 100 Civil Aviation officials and journalist which is the reason that people choose. For example, price, schedule, comfort (seating), safety, experience, location, baggage policy, etc... Why publicize and make a spectacle of this transsexual issue by putting all four of the new hires on the same flight and introducing them as "our four new angels?" Doing so is a disgraceful curiosity that raises serious concerns about their true motives and is inexplicable discrimination. What do the other 19 female attendants and seven male attendants let alone all the farangs white or black, and Thais short and/or portly, 20s or 30s, and all the Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese who didn't make the cut have to say about this?

Well crafted PR releases to the press announcing that they have hired several transsexuals along with dozens of other new employees to offset the vocal complaints about discrimination would have been the professional thing to do. But to stage a circus affair around this issue is a most gauche thing that a "so-called' corporate marketing leader would do. It will be interesting to see how many times a non-transsexual female attendant on this airline is "examined" or queried about this by the Japanese and Koreans and how old and stale the idea gets, even with the Japanese who love to "scrutinize" and check the details. But that's part of a circus, a child wanting to reach in to touch and to "experience" the truth at the side shows. So in that sense, the marketing folks at PC Air would have to be given credit. They seem to know how to stage a circus. Whether or not they can run an efficient, safe, economical airline is another question.

Who cares whether the flight attendant is gay straight bi or transvestite I am not going to sleep with him/her.

As long as the attendant performs the duties of a flight attendant well who cares.

The duties are to maintain flight safety and order and to provide services such as food and other assistance to the passengers which may be required.

In a discussion concerning transsexual flight personnel that you chose to use an analogy of this nature shows a lack of respect to those who were confined and exterminated in the concentration camps.

jshorts - I think Land of Smileys was taking you to task on your effort to censor other posters thoughts/writtings. I also think you may have misunderstood the intent of the original post...

I believe the orignal post, Goldbuggy referred to 'past experience in an SS Camp'... I am sure most native English speakers would take this to mean 'past work experience in an SS Camp'... i.e. they have experience as a member of the SS running the camp, not as a prisioner...

While I am sure most people would share your feelings about respect for these prisioners of war and internees... I did not, and I am sure most would not, read the original post as being particularly disrespectful in that regard... and proved the original posters point in a lighthearted manner...

Cheers,

Daewoo...

Edited by Daewoo

jshorts - I think Land of Smileys was taking you to task on your effort to censor other posters thoughts/writtings. I also think you may have misunderstood the intent of the original post...

I believe the orignal post, Goldbuggy referred to 'past experience in an SS Camp'... I am sure most native English speakers would take this to mean 'past work experience in an SS Camp'... i.e. they have experience as a member of the SS running the camp, not as a prisioner...

While I am sure most people would share your feelings about respect for these prisioners of war and internees... I did not, and I am sure most would not, read the original post as being particularly disrespectful in that regard... and proved the original posters point in a lighthearted manner...

Cheers,

Daewoo...

Hello Daewoo!

Thanks for commenting on my post. If anyone took me to task on what he considered to be an effrot to censor in any way, then either I did not write clearly enough or my writing was misinterpreted.

I would like to share with you that I understood the "past experience in an SS Camp" the same way you did.

Further, I would like to once agian propose that in a discussion of transsexual flight attendants (or flight attendants, in general) there is no possible reason to use an analogy that refers to the Schutz-Staffel. I maintain that the choice of this analogy was a base one.