Infinity Nightclub!

bangkok blue

Not one for being a party pooper, but the level of music is completely intolerable at times!!!

My gf lives on Nimanhemin and often cannot sleep due to their loud concerts!

They must either get some decent sound proofing or close IMO. The neighborhood of Punna Residence, next to powerhouse must be over the moon with it!

I live on Huay keaw and even last night I could hear the bass levels in my bedroom which kept me awake!

Who could you possibly complain too about this?

Edited by bangkok blue

There have been many complaints in the past regarding excessive noise around that part of town. The threads have died and have no idea if anything was ever resolved. Hopefully those who have suffered in the past will come forward with some positive suggestions. I have friends here in CM at the moment, looking at property, and have advised then to avoid that area like the plague. I would imagine reporting to the boys in brown would be an exercise in futility.

move away from that area

The further away from the pretentious Nimanhemin the better IMO.

Ditto

Without these clubs it will never be Nimanhemin. Without these people it will never be Nimanhemin. Without these loud sounds it will never be Nimanhemin.

I live a short walk away from there (maybe four minutes) and for some reason I never hear anything. I suppose there is a building or buildings deflecting the sound. I have sound issues until midnight with a bar next door. I purchased a portable CD player for about a 1,000 baht and a CD of rainstorm noises (Itunes, $9.99.) This works very well, but occasionally I can still hear a bit of bass, but not much. I am considering purchasing another CD player, and with the two in tandem I am pretty sure the problem will be solved. A better solution would be to install a higher quality sound system in my bedroom, but I'm not going to shell out for that unless I really need it.

The police can and will help you but it takes time, patience, a contact who speaks Thai, and a maybe little bit of cash. I will send you a PM with more information

I always wonder why would decent people live in Nimanhemin, it is a place for party!

But perhaps it wasn't always like this?

The noise on the west side of Nimmanhaemin, particularly from Prasertland, certainly predates the Punna. Do people really buy property after just a daytime visit? Anyone who buys a condo without seeing/hearing the neighborhood at night, will figure it out a little too late. the same goes for anyone thinking of buying at the new Unique at Nimman.

This is no different than people who buy property near an airport and then complain about the noise from the planes.

It's not Infinity making the ridiculous noise, is it? I thought it was the Concerts/festivals in the car park opposite it. Infinite's not even been that loud the times I've been

More likely, yeah. Infinity has a serious sound system but it's all inside - unlike many of the other places in prasertland which are open air.

I've heard that the Punna apartments have sound-insulating windows. So noise isn't a problem as long as you keep the windows closed. Unique will probably do that as well - kind of have to in that location.

Generally if you are looking for peace and quiet, Chiang Mai might be the wrong place. There is always something - if it isn't live music, it's tuk tuks or whatever. I live in a moo baan very close to the airport. I have a noise problem but it's seasonal and has to do with frogs. The airplanes, for whatever reason, are no problem. Can barely hear them and certainly was never annoyed by an airplane at night.

Even though we're on canal road 5km outside the city there's always some sort of Karaoke playing somewhere. TIT!

Edited by nikster

I live in the Punna and Infinity's not a problem at all. It used to be Chalerm Krung, but that thankfully (for the noise problem) has shut down. The only thing that gets really noisy, as someone else posted, are the food festivals and concerts in Prasertland/Kad Chiang Doi.