Bombs Suspect A 'Former Red-Shirt Guard'

Lite Beer

Bombs suspect a 'former red-shirt guard'

The Nation on Sunday

30172107-01_big.jpg

Upset at not getting money, tried to see Thaksin: paper

The lone suspect allegedly behind the six bombs planted at three sites in Bangkok on Thursday, Jeerawat Janpeng, is a former security guard of the pro-Thaksin Shinawatra red-shirt movement, Thai-language daily Khao Sod reported yesterday quoting an unnamed source.

The Sakhon Nakhon native, 45, reportedly became disgruntled after repeated requests to core red-shirt leaders, seeking their help for compensation and speedy investigation into the deaths of his relatives during the crackdown on protesters at the Ratchaprasong intersection last May by troops, came to nought, according to Khao Sod. Jeerawat reportedly travelled to Cambodia seeking a meeting with Thaksin, the de-facto leader of government coalition leader Pheu Thai Party, during a recent trip, but his request for a direct meeting with the former PM was denied, the Thai-language daily reported.

A day after the bombs were disposed of on Thursday, another bomb scare occurred yesterday when a fake bomb was found at a train station in Bangkok's Bang Khen area.

On being alerted by a vendor, a team of police ordnance officials inspected a 40cm black plastic pipe with two lids on both ends and tied with an electric wire. An onsite X-ray found nothing inside.

Police said later the pipe was deliberately placed near a bathroom to cause a disturbance, because the location was highly visible. The officers said they were collecting other evidence and fingerprints possibly left on the pipe, while an initial review of security camera footage showed no signs of who had planted the bomb.

Jeerawat was in court custody yesterday after the judges agreed with the police recommendation against releasing him on bail. The suspect pleaded not guilty after he was initially charged with possession of explosives without permission. He told reporters that he was not hired by anyone.

"The suspect has political ideals and ambitions, and possibly set up three bombs to create disturbances," Khao Sod quoted Bangkok police chief Pol Lt-General Winai Thongsong as saying.

Aree Krainara, an aide to the interior minister and then chief of the red-shirt guards, denied that Jeerawat was a red shirt guard, saying he remembered all those who worked under him. He added that even if Jeerawat was once a red guard, he was supposed to act in support of the Pheu Thai-led government, not to undermine it.

"Reports about Jeerawat being a former red-shirt guard are certainly a smear campaign to discredit the government," he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-18

He used to sell coconuts 2 blocks away from my house in Laksi. When the red shirts started occupying downtown he changed to selling red shirt merchandise and then disappeared about half way through the occupation. He was a well known red shirt supporter in our area.My guess would be that the government thought they had got some total unknown to be their patsy in the 'look how good the police is' plot but thousands of people know this guy and his background.

Bombs suspect a 'former red-shirt guard'

Carrying on the long and proud traditions of the Red Shirt Bomber Squad salute.gif

If one were to look at several of the recent bombings in which the perpetrators were identified, such as Bhum Thai Party headquarters and at Big C, one could find that the Red Shirt Bomber Squad is responsible. They've acknowledged this themselves by admitting to them.

Do you have the source so I can read where they have admitted to this?

The thread:

Thailand's Fragile Peace Threatened, Bomb Attack

is chockablock full of various recent bombings and information and arrests and admissions of the Red Shirt Bomber Squad.

It's been going on for several months now.

Edited by Buchholz

He used to sell coconuts 2 blocks away from my house in Laksi. When the red shirts started occupying downtown he changed to selling red shirt merchandise and then disappeared about half way through the occupation. He was a well known red shirt supporter in our area.My guess would be that the government thought they had got some total unknown to be their patsy in the 'look how good the police is' plot but thousands of people know this guy and his background.

Just hope, for his sake, that some of the thousands of people who know the guy and his background are willing to stand up for him and protest his innocence...

So, he's a goat herder from Isan or he's a coconut seller from Bangkok....................................?

:rolleyes:

Another fake red shirt. My my, they just never go away

----------------------

No he was not a fake red shirt.

He was/is a real red shirt.

His problem is that he truely believed what he was told by his red shirt leaders.

And expecting to get a "meeting" with Thaksin (either brother or sister) simply shows his ignorance of the real nature of Thai politics and politicians...of ANY political party.

He didn't understand that to any politician those who are their supporters are no more than an annoying mess they accidently stepped into while walking in the street.

Basically a pile of dog---t he/she stepped into.

More fool him, for thinking otherwise.

:whistling:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Is this the same guy?

I think there may be a chance after two years his appearance could have changed slightly from a difference in lifestyle.Formerly a red guard boss living good, then back to selling coconuts on the street, darkened face and fatter face, longer hair 2 years later.

Notice the mouth/lips, eyebrows, nose, chin and wrinkle line running from outer mouth to upper nose. If you take into account time and his change in lifestyle it could very well be the same person.

Take into account also the camera angle as well as the situation dictating his facial expressions at the time.

b37a6.jpg

Edited by KRS1

Maybe I've got a nasty, suspicious mind, but I can't help but wonder if the Redshirts have outlived their usefulness and are now being discredited and sidelined by Thaksin? Remember that he was reportedly not happy with the formation of so many Red villages. Despite the claims of some of his supporters, Thaksin has never been a supporter of democracy. His populist policies have always been "bread and circuses", a way to keep the voters happy with programs that were often more style than substance.

If my thoughts on this matter are correct, Thaksin and his proxy Chalerm are getting worried that the Reds will actually want some real action towards increasing social and economic equality. This is the probably the last thing that Thaksin or your average multimillionaire PT MP wants! So, now that the Redshirts have served their purpose, they are to be discredited and disbanded.

Of course, this may just be an idle conspiracy theory, but it does seem to fit the facts.:whistling:

:rolleyes:

Another fake red shirt. My my, they just never go away

----------------------

No he was not a fake red shirt.

He was/is a real red shirt.

His problem is that he truely believed what he was told by his red shirt leaders.

And expecting to get a "meeting" with Thaksin (either brother or sister) simply shows his ignorance of the real nature of Thai politics and politicians...of ANY political party.

He didn't understand that to any politician those who are their supporters are no more than an annoying mess they accidently stepped into while walking in the street.

Basically a pile of dog---t he/she stepped into.

More fool him, for thinking otherwise.

:whistling:

Very reminiscent of the lengthy thread, full of similar incidents, in the topic:

Many Thai Red Shirts Abandoned By Their Leaders

Maybe I've got a nasty, suspicious mind, but I can't help but wonder if the Redshirts have outlived their usefulness and are now being discredited and sidelined by Thaksin? Remember that he was reportedly not happy with the formation of so many Red villages. Despite the claims of some of his supporters, Thaksin has never been a supporter of democracy. His populist policies have always been "bread and circuses", a way to keep the voters happy with programs that were often more style than substance.

If my thoughts on this matter are correct, Thaksin and his proxy Chalerm are getting worried that the Reds will actually want some real action towards increasing social and economic equality. This is the probably the last thing that Thaksin or your average multimillionaire PT MP wants! So, now that the Redshirts have served their purpose, they are to be discredited and disbanded.

Of course, this may just be an idle conspiracy theory, but it does seem to fit the facts.:whistling:

I think you might be on to something. There is no way Thaksin and Chalerm or any other of the PTP gang for that matter want any kind of accountabiliy to the populace. Notable is Charlem pointing the finger of accusation at menbers of the red mob twice this week. But they have a real challange controlling the likes of Weng and the other radical leaders.

He was a goat herder, who came to Bangkok and apparently sold coconuts.

Sounds like a line from a Monty Python sketch.

And with additional input according to KRS1 and others we can flesh (scuse the pun) out this mans story a bit;

He was a goat herder, who came to Bangkok to become a Red Shirt Guard, as he had heard that they lived the high life, but having been cast aside on the scrapheap of life after the protest was over (Thaksins like that, you know) had to resort to making ends meet by selling coconuts. This proved lucrative but the money he made went mainly on food as he fattened up in the intervening years only to fall on hard times again due to spending what was left of his savings on hair products for his lustrous long hair and whitening cream which, contrary to reports and comparing photos, made his skin lighter than before.

He was broke again and the only way out was to trek to Cambodia and track down the elusive Thaksin. How could he, a mere goat herder cum coconut seller from Isaan, find Thaksin when the entire Democrat Party and its acolytes had tried for over two years and failed in the attempt? But succeed he did, only to be turned away from the golden palace that Hun Sen had built for Thaksins visits (Thaksins like that, you know), so cap still firmly in hand he returned to the streets of Bangkok to plot his revenge.........................

continues next week

Phi Phi Don: Freelance Political Correspondent for The Nation.

Edited by phiphidon

Sounds like a line from a Monty Python sketch.

And with additional input according to KRS1 and others we can flesh (scuse the pun) out this mans story a bit;

He was a goat herder, who came to Bangkok to become a Red Shirt Guard, as he had heard that they lived the high life, but having been cast aside on the scrapheap of life after the protest was over (Thaksins like that, you know) had to resort to making ends meet by selling coconuts. This proved lucrative but the money he made went mainly on food as he fattened up in the intervening years only to fall on hard times again due to spending what was left of his savings on hair products for his lustrous long hair and whitening cream which, contrary to reports and comparing photos, made his skin lighter than before.

He was broke again and the only way out was to trek to Cambodia and track down the elusive Thaksin. How could he, a mere goat herder cum coconut seller from Isaan, find Thaksin when the entire Democrat Party and its acolytes had tried for over two years and failed in the attempt? But succeed he did, only to be turned away from the golden palace that Hun Sen had built for Thaksins visits (Thaksins like that, you know), so cap still firmly in hand he returned to the streets of Bangkok to plot his revenge.........................

continues next week

Phi Phi Don: Freelance Political Correspondent for The Nation.

Good summary. :jap:

But the Nation will never buy your reports. There's only one story line and there's too much information.

Edited by whybother

Not quite yet, they still need them to pass the Thaksin friendly constitution and amnesty.

So, he's a goat herder from Isan or he's a coconut seller from Bangkok....................................?

I heard from a "friend" that was actually a coconut herder who went to Bangkok to sell goats...

Or was it......

If he really is just a disappointed Red-Shirt, why did he plant the bombs in public-areas, rather than targeting the people/party he had lost faith in or felt betrayed by ?

And why did Chalerm appear so friendly to him, at the press-conference ?

And who taught him how to build bombs, and where, and when ?

And how many more people like him are there, who may now be similarly disappointed with Thaksin/PTP/Red-leaders, and take similar action ?

It will be interesting to see what else emerges, whenever he is questioned by the police, or the Deputy-PM. B)

If he really is just a disappointed Red-Shirt, why did he plant the bombs in public-areas, rather than targeting the people/party he had lost faith in or felt betrayed by ?

And why did Chalerm appear so friendly to him, at the press-conference ?

And who taught him how to build bombs, and where, and when ?

And how many more people like him are there, who may now be similarly disappointed with Thaksin/PTP/Red-leaders, and take similar action ?

It will be interesting to see what else emerges, whenever he is questioned by the police, or the Deputy-PM. B)

If you look at post #16 by 'otherstuff1957', it makes sense...now that they are in the position of power, its time to consolidate power back to the middle of the circle and eliminate any peripheral power that may hinder the main objective. Which means turning on their own, much easier than having to remember and carry out all the lies that were promised to their supporters.

I suspect many more situations of this type - the reverse con, to engineer credibility.

isn't that what they have been taught during all the months and years. It's just a matter of time when the next things happen.

After an orchestrated flood and an extensive TRT (Thai Rak Thaksin campaign only), nothing good will come in the next year.

So the police is coming to a conclusion over the crackdown-deaths. I'm glad the truth comes to light. But wouldn't it be nice if there would be a focus on the war on drug-deaths as well? Is that blocked because the Dubai connection bathed in it as a tough guy and so covered the crimes which are also his crimes now? I don't have a political issue against K. T., but it all comes down to high crime with this man.

I only hope that the police will pick that up again and act on the oath they were sworn in and not on ones personal interest. No need to listen to any politicians, there's a case pending.

There could be a connection from the snipers involved and the narcotic crackdown too. So far the finding goes away from army involvement on the final crackdown of the demo.

Another fake red shirt. My my, they just never go away.:violin:

This is about as real as these terrorist scumbags come, perfect example of what the red shirts and their sympathizers are all about.

and a perfect example of blanket judgement

In many countries, if a murder occurs during the commission of a crime, all those party to committing the lesser crime share the guilt of the murder including accessories before and after the event. That share of guilt may be lessened if you disavowed the violence, stated that you had no prior knowledge of intent, and reported it to the authorities. I don't recall these actions being taken by any reds or their sympathisers, so I guess a blanket judgement is warranted.

Stating "We committed no crimes." gets you nowhere.